Sign in to follow this  
Matty Newquay

Dash tweeters !

How do u get to the speakers mounted in the dash!

i have installed 2 amps!

! for subs and then i also have another running 6x9's then the same amp on the other 2 channels running some alpine dorr speakers through a set of cross overs but cant put tweeters in the dash!

Any ideas???

Cheers

from memory with my infinity I made two mounting plates out of MDF shaped like a doughnut (circle with a circle cut out) then bent up a u shaped bracket to hold the speaker in position. the speakers are just floating in the dash under the grill.

when i had my stereo fitted on a small budget, i just had them sat on top of the grilles with some strong sticky pads. They dont look 100% but they work very well, and they arent too obvious cos they are only small anyway.

Mine are mounted in the hole using bits of mechano to bridge the gap. Speaker grills then fit on top, there is even room to angle them in towards the centre of the car and away from the windscreen.

The way I saw it, VW must have put some work into the correct placement of the tweeters, I think putting them in standard positions must be good enough.

You are right about that. i tried sticking them to the pillars facing the seats, and they were too hardcore. The way they are now is spot on. you dont need them too in your face as the sounds is strong enough.

I cut out the old tweets and then used a LOT of glue from a hot glue gun!! Looks messy but its all behing a nice grill so no one can see :)

standard positions worked for me but I found my new tweeters were too bright unless I angled them away from the windscreen glass to prevent the sound bouncing off, but this was easy as they are Rainbow ones that you just push to what ever angle you feel like untill it sounds right.

Just a quickie!

Was it difficult to run the wires behind the dash???

Also had anyone ever changed the led's on the clocks??

My mate has a mk3 golf and he put blue led's on the clockes and heater display just wondered if it'd be much different on the corrado?

I cut out the old tweets and then used a LOT of glue from a hot glue gun!! Looks messy but its all behing a nice grill so no one can see :)

That worked for me too!