Sign in to follow this  
Sanj

What amp for the sub???

Hi guys I recently bought a Diamond Audio 12" (M6) subwoofer, the manufacturers rated the sub at 800W RMS I was wondering what amp I would need to power it :?:

i used to run a 4 ch 600w amp in my old car running a pair of 6x9 and a 12" kenwood sub and they sounded fine 2ch for sub and 2ch for 6x9

i've got 2 of those 12" M6's in my car and i use a DLS A6/A3 twin mono block running at 1ohm for 1200rms.

loads of power, you can run Diamond subs alday long without problems

Hi guys I recently bought a Diamond Audio 12" (M6) subwoofer, the manufacturers rated the sub at 800W RMS I was wondering what amp I would need to power it :?:

How much did you pay for the sub matey?

Bally I was given the sub as a present from my sister and bro-in law, I told them that I would love a Diamond Audio sub, initially I was gonna buy the CM3's but got a surprise when I was given the M6!! :D

I'm planning to do a install, my other future bro-in-law does installs and I'm planning to get some serious kit in the car, I'm after quality not loudness!!! Whats your install mate??

Hi guys...and welcome to the forum Sanj.

I'm looking to do an install too, iv'e only got a kicker sub and amp. not too loud but good quality sound.

I'm thinking about making custom side panels and false floor, so if you guys are interested we could do three at a time.

What do you think Bally

Hi guys...and welcome to the forum Sanj.

I'm looking to do an install too, iv'e only got a kicker sub and amp. not too loud but good quality sound.

I'm thinking about making custom side panels and false floor, so if you guys are interested we could do three at a time.

What do you think Bally

Bally I was given the sub as a present from my sister and bro-in law, I told them that I would love a Diamond Audio sub, initially I was gonna buy the CM3's but got a surprise when I was given the M6!! :D

I'm planning to do a install, my other future bro-in-law does installs and I'm planning to get some serious kit in the car, I'm after quality not loudness!!! Whats your install mate??

Easy Sanj welcome to the site chap..

Thats a cool pressie matey :wink:

I'm planning an install all standard crap at the mo :lol: plus the weathers pants so not in any rush, but once it's done it'll be good... :wink: who's your bro-in-law work for then?? what are your plans? PM me... :wink: I'm after the same sort of set-up as you, see what happens.. :)

Khida Maj, yeap sounds like a plan, its just making time, probably won't start the install till next year... :roll:

Afternoon guys, yep was a good surprise getting those subs. Tested them on my bro-in-laws car and blew a fuse and almost wrecked his amp!!! :shock: He's running a 12" kicker solobaric, and the amp had no probs handling that sub, but the M6 is a different kettle of fish.

Bally, my bro-in-law does installs as a hobby in his spare time, we had a chat and may start to experiment wih fibre glass and stuff, he's done a couple of installs for people too. But time is holding back things as he's getting married to my sister next march. Your right bout the weather too spring/summer is the best time to do this especially if your ripping seats and stuff out for the cableing.

I'm trying to build my system slowing 'cos I gotta get my front end of my C done soon which is sapping my money :cry:

More laters..

Sanj.

Thats cool he's handy with installs etc... always good to have someone like that in the family... :D

The weathers one of the reasons I'm not rushing to do things to the rado now... but I'm gagging to get some sounds in there.. see what happens..

whats up with the front end :?

BTW were abouts you from? any pics of the car?

Mate, i've still got, my standard factory stuff in the car, the front speakers are blown and the rear ones are on there way out too!!

The front end of my cars got a prang, so need a new bonnet, slam panel and drivers side front wing, as well as two headlights. The garage is fixing me up with the parts but they take time to find. so have been waiting ages :? gonna do the fixing myself and get it sprayed by a body panel shop.

I'm from NW London near Harrow how bout you mate??

No pics of the car yet mate but will get them done as soon as she's done up good :)

Hi mate, I got some 1996 pioneer cassette deck with 6disc A/C, does the job at the mo, but its good as sold to mate for his van, so will get a new CD player very soon..

sorry to hear the cars damaged.. goodluck with it...

I'm In Milton Keynes, as is says on my left :lol:

Bet you can't wait to get it back?

Take it easy matey :D