Sign in to follow this  
choumbie

G60 Blow Off Valve??

Ive read that you can put BOV's on superchargers as well as turbos...Im in the process of buying a new supercharger/rebuilding my old one and i was interested in installing a BOV at the same time....Has anyone ever heard of this in a corrado? Has anyone done it? Can it be done? Is it a worthless part to have? Any info on this would be appreciated.

-alex

I think you could be talking about removing the boost return pipe, this gives the same noise during gear changes from high revs.

ive got this done to mine and it sounds superb but your MPG will drop to bout 25 and no higher.

i love it though. :D :D

Ide rather just stick a BOV in there...if it can be done...I guess it gives the supercharger better performance or something so ive heard?

The problem with fitting a blow off valve to a G60 is everytime it dumps to atmosphere it will spray a fine mist of oil into the engine bay but if you really want to fit a BOV the all you need to do is T it into the boost pipe by the throttle bodie and T a piece of 3/16th vacuum tubing into the vacuum pipe that leads from the manifold into the fuel pressure regulator. I prefer the boost return mod as you dont get all the hot unused boost returning back into your charger heating it up again

A dump valve on a G60 sounds like a wet fart as when you let off full throttle the secondary butterfly opens and dumps the boost back to the charger (or air :D ). The secondary butterfly is bigger than a blow off valve and will dump a large volume/pressure of air before a dump valve will so the dump valve just ends up dumping about 10% of the overall boost. Leave them in the safe hands of the RS Turbo boys, do not fit ford bits to ya C :lol:

Banana Man....i was wondering what the boost return mod is that you mentioned.....Do you just remove the boost return pipe? What do you put on the hole that the boost return pipe attaches too? if you leave it open, wont all kinds of dirt and crap get in there?

choumbie, have a word with G-man, he sells a kit including a small filter for the ISV feed and the blanking plate to do this mod... 8)

Oh, and beavis there IS one set of Ford bits that I KNOW you advise fitting to modded G60s.... ;)

Red top injectors are Ford Motorsport items! :lol: :-P

i have actually heard a blow off vavle is a bad idea for the g60 system. because it has the return line, it is helping the unused pressure get back into the charger. and if you release that air, you are going to have less air to go right into the charger again. im not sure if that is why exactly, but i heard it can actually damage the charger system over a small amount of time. i am pretty sure i heard this from my friend who is making a rally corrado, 4 wheel drive, lysholm charger, etc. this guy also owns a real golf limited. he knows his corrados pretty well.

A dump valvo on a G60 will do a few things.

1. itll make a loud noise when on part throttle and not wooosh like a turbo.

2. itll make throttle response so much sharper as itll be real instant boost. driving may become a tad more labourous.

3. get a SNS chip as ytoull lean out almost instantly without it due to the digi lag.

4. get a decent valve if your gonna do it or it will sound like a wet fart as beavis said. turboxs RFL is my choice straight off the throttle body return

it is helping the unused pressure get back into the charger. and if you release that air, you are going to have less air to go right into the charger again. im not sure if that is why exactly, but i heard it can actually damage the charger system over a small amount of time.

There is essentially nothing beneficial about putting hot oily air back into the charger. By blanking it off with a plate like Darren's you just prevent this. You can tell your buddy with the rally prepped car, that on all the VW Motorsport cars they used similar blanking plates.....Of course u could always go twin inlet like some of us.... :twisted:

dont get a dump valve, it sounds shite and you will look like a willy. loose the return pipe catch the oil, and blank off the charger, or do this,... 8)

nice g60bv but you really need some cold air feed to that filter :? other wise i would have thought it be getting hot air from the engine. :D

wont make a bilnd bit of difference, when using intercoolers or charge cooler etc that few degrees it picks up from the engine soon gets cooled, the heat shields are a good idea but mostly on natur as engines, and it's still only a mith, as when tests are done on cold air systems and shields it never reveals any improvements, on most nat ast engines the inlet manifolds are heated .!! the extra filter on my charger is really for show more than any thing, and it only cost my 15 quid, bargain,

yeah i see what your saying but it must be better if the air is colder to begin with thats just my opinion mate. :) Filter looks 8) nice 1 .

Where do i find one of these parts to attach another air filter to my charger.....And how much would it cost...in US Dollars..

It sounds like something thats not so major that if you didnt like the way it looked or performed, that it could be easily changed back?

What do you do with the boost return hose? Just disconnect it and leave it dangling in the engine? Or do you take it off completely or what? Does the supercharger make a hissing noise when it shifts when you do this mod?

not sure about the parts for the second air filter, but as for the return pipe take it off completely leaving the tb open to air, also best to run a catch tank from the breather otherwise it will make a mess in the engine bay you will need a filter on the isv aswell. best bet is to speak to g-man he sells the kits with a blanking plate for the charger which you could probaly mod to fit the filter. As for the noise yeah you get a loud dumping noise of air sounds the nuts, but you do get hissing on half throttle which can become very annoying :mad:

won't there be comming smoke out of the breather I remember wen my boost return pipe was loose it smoked allot

Shouldn't be smoke coming out of the crank case breather, - just oil vapour...As for the kit for twin inlets, Pitstop and G-werks do a sleeve thingy which bolts into the charger, then just run 3" ducting from this onto the second filter wherever u wanna locate it.

How do I go about getting ahold of this 'G-man'

How much did it cost you for all of that g60bv?

hello.. :roll: