quicky1980

Re: Quicky's Corrado - Audi 3.2

porous rubber hoses may be letting air into the system. Probably worth swapping them out if they're not all braided.

thanks for the suggestions.

we did every bleed nipple inc abs and master cylinder, and I have braided hoses all round so rules those out.

Well, I passed the MOT today with no issues with the brakes, maybe Im too picky about the brake feel. yipee.

Just taxed her so all good for another year. :-)

Just moved into my new place, really happy with the purchase as there's plenty of space so I can get on with some bigger jobs on the car ;-)

Then had some issues getting the cheap valve caps off two of the wheels due to them seize tight on, ended up filing them off!!

Doing a quick check around the car I found this which is worrying, esp because I cant work out how it happened.

th_DSC_4082.jpgth_DSC_4081.jpg

Hoping to have the RH wheels done in a week or so, here's a bit of the progress update...

DSC_4056.jpg

DSC_4088.jpg

DSC_4089.jpg

Just on the look out for a second car so can take the rado off the road for major surgery, big plans but no idea when it will all happen

Back off holiday and still on the look out for a run around car, in the mean time all four RH's are bolted together and just need sealing before fitting tyres on.

Holiday was a blast, ended up driving the Audi R8 to Italy, then Monaco and back into France across the coast past Cannes and St Raphaél. The car performs brilliantly but the trip gearbox is pretty harsh/jerky and found it hard to get smooth transitions.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48694[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]48695[/ATTACH]

Back off holiday and still on the look out for a run around car, in the mean time all four RH's are bolted together and just need sealing before fitting tyres on.

Holiday was a blast, ended up driving the Audi R8 to Italy, then Monaco and back into France across the coast past Cannes and St Raphaél. The car performs brilliantly but the trip gearbox is pretty harsh/jerky and found it hard to get smooth transitions.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48694[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]48695[/ATTACH]

Not jealous at all..... you jammy git! Bet that was a blast, I agree that it should be a manual though for that open gate shifter alone!

Right, finally got one. Found an Audi avant that I like.

Going back tomorrow with the rest of the money to collect. Only confusing thing about the car is that the leading edge of the bonnet doesnt sit right, any ideas why this could be the case and if its repairable??

It's strange mine is like that from some angles...just not a very tight fit for some reason. Think is from other angles it looks fine!

think i found the cause. there are two adjustable bolt/screw just behind the bumper that help make the gap bigger/smaller. I reckon with the cambelt change they accidentally adjusted these. oh well something for me to play with

Yep your right if your lucky they have put the adjusters in the bumper in the right place unlike mine need to take the bumper off to do it.

I have some wheel that would look great on that if your interested.

Well, it's been over a year since having the RH wheels delivered and I finally pulled my finger out and got them sorted (stripped, polished, re-built etc).

Here they are on the way to get rubber fitted..

DSCF5202.jpg

and here they are fitted to a very dirty Corrado that needs a good clean, polish and wax.

DSCF5204.jpg

DSCF5203.jpg

DSCF5205.jpg

Were a pain in the ar5e to sort out and cost me an arm and a leg but am dead happy with the results. Just need to play around with the offset.

Found out that I can just about fit the car in the garage, even though there's loads of stuff in there. But it's def' a sqeeze so I may take advantage of the car port instead.

Damn it! you beat me to it! LOL look very cool mate!

Need to pull my finger out and get some rubber and get mine fitted......

What widths did you go for in the end?

Ha ha, went 8's all round but I reckon I could get away with 9's but would need to drive a bit more to confirm. I have the 16v rear trailing arm so have more space than the vr's out there.

I'm happy with the current setup esp that I have a bit of freedom to play with the offsets. Need to be careful with wheel width due to the planned awd.

Top result is that the wheels appear to also fit the audi!! yipee!

Ha ha, went 8's all round but I reckon I could get away with 9's but would need to drive a bit more to confirm. I have the 16v rear trailing arm so have more space than the vr's out there.

I'm happy with the current setup esp that I have a bit of freedom to play with the offsets. Need to be careful with wheel width due to the planned awd.

Top result is that the wheels appear to also fit the audi!! yipee!

Look like they fit really well! Take it there et35?

What tyres are you running?

I was planning on 205/40/17 tread all round.

Front 8x17 with 10mm spacers so et25

Rear 8.5 17 with 30mm spacers so et-2 (i think!)

I'm et40 (20mm spacer) and et35 (25mm spacer) iirc, but need to confirm as its been a while since I measured up. I may even be on 8.5 wide wheels (what are they standard?), my memory is failing lol

Using 205/40/17 tyres.

I'm et40 (20mm spacer) and et35 (25mm spacer) iirc, but need to confirm as its been a while since I measured up. I may even be on 8.5 wide wheels (what are they standard?), my memory is failing lol

Using 205/40/17 tyres.

standard dishes are 8", if your dishes are 8.5" with a 20mm/25mm spacer that would make them et33/et28

Edited by blue95

just got your message, I wasnt around anyway bud. I'm now living near Spalding and spending all day tomorrow cleaning the car. Your welcome round for a brew, let me know and Ill pm you my addy and phone number.

Thanks guys, I'm not normally a bling guy either, and preffer the subtle looks however I took a gamble and its worked out.

Just bought another set of headlamp protectors, this time in clear format. In addition, I've started the search for all the bits I need for AWD. If anyone knows of any syncro's etc being scrapped or cut up let me know and am also looking for a decent shell to fit it all to.

Thanks guys, I'm not normally a bling guy either, and preffer the subtle looks however I took a gamble and its worked out.

Just bought another set of headlamp protectors, this time in clear format. In addition, I've started the search for all the bits I need for AWD. If anyone knows of any syncro's etc being scrapped or cut up let me know and am also looking for a decent shell to fit it all to.

Take a look here is a vr6 12v 3.0 turbo syncro.

http://forum.4tuning.ro/120-masina-mea-volkswagen/13201-corrado-vrts-vr6turbosyncro.html

Take a look here is a vr6 12v 3.0 turbo syncro.

http://forum.4tuning.ro/120-masina-mea-volkswagen/13201-corrado-vrts-vr6turbosyncro.html