quicky1980

Re: Quicky's Corrado - Audi 3.2

Good news Sam! About time the car put a smile on your face :D I did 650 miles in mine this weekend, just DTA tuning and joy riding! Absolutely loved every mile. I'm having second thoughts about going Motronic. People seem to have nothing but trouble with it in conversions, but touch wood, yours should behave now.

Dave, if the offer is still on then I would like to buy the sensor off you.

Got back from the Czech Republic after meeting up with Honeywell/Garrett and decided to put the car back together so its back in the condition it was leading up to the missfire problem. :-)

Just need to give it a good clean after the garage roof decided to pee on it.

Well after the winter of being tucked away I took her out of the garage and gave a well deserved wash. Hopefully picking up some shiny suspension tomorrow which will be fitted prior to the MOT and Tax so I can get out and enjoy the car again.

Also got myself a full carbon bonnet which is in progress of being made. Big shout out to LWS for their customer service. They are very helpful and friendly even after me being awkward about what I want. Cant wait to see the final product.

If anyone is local, or willing to travel, check out https://www.facebook.com/events/301049453349169/

Picked up some kw v3's today off Rob aka Rob_B. Nice guy shame I couldnt stay to chat for longer but had to get home for a family meal. Cant wait to try these out.

Id love v3s but there so expensive , i bet it felt nice to pull her out after winter and jup back in the drivers seat , i dont think i could live without my corrado

Yeah it was great to get back in the drivers seat, the sound, the smell the feel of the car made me smile from ear to ear. Can't wait to get her road legal so I can see how the new coilovers do. From what I hear I am in for a treat, watch this space.

WoW! I love this car dude.... nice to know my estoril will be coming from such a good home... I hope some of your obvious Corrado skills have rubbed off onto the wheel and will arrive in the parcel with it and rub off onto me haha!

ha ha ha, thanks Mikey! I started off with small jobs and ended up with what I have here. Im sure you can achieve the same, just stick with it and dont give up.

haha well between you and me I have a mk2 scirocco which is my more involved project. The corrado is my daily and is more about preservation rather than restoration; although you never know what might happen down the line!

Here's what the Corrado looked like before it went to MIVW. Had to raise the rear up loads due to clearance issues but some new slimmer spacers should help with that.

I've got a full carbon fibre bonnet on order which should hopefully arrive next week from Andy at LWS. They've been very good and are bending backwards to get me a bonnet to the standard I want.

Need to polish the wheels up due to the poor British weather that I had to drive through on the way back from Holland.

Off to a local car meet "Slam Media" with a few guys from the Peterborough Dubz Corps this Sunday. Will take this and the Audi (missus driving the Audi)

Forgot, here is the Audi. Was intended to remain standard but couldn't resist. Ive fitted debadged the rear, pressed plates. 19" wheels, S line interior and door trims along with Air Lift Suspension with Autopilot V2 control.

IMG_6864.jpg

Fitted a full carbon fibre bonnet from LWS (great guys) along with a chromed latch and spring things

[ATTACH=CONFIG]75583[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]75584[/ATTACH]

Looks good,

Got a pic of it shut ?

How does the shut lines look ?

Look's Lush ^^^^^ pic of it closed please :D

will sort a closed picture out.

Shut lines are pretty good, if im picky it looks like the bonnet is marginally narrower. But tbh its hardly noticeable.

@ Chris, if your wanting carbon, LWS are the guys. They are developing a composite tailgate with optional lightweight rear window so may save up for one of these. They are also tempted to make wings which Im really wanting

Got the chromed bits off someone on here ages back but didnt want to fit them until now. I actually had to make a hibrid with new OEM parts as I didnt want nasty aged plastic bits.

Hardly come on here these days but here is an update. KW V1's have been replaced by a full air lift kit with v2 management, the ride on this is very good and seems to handle pretty much like top end static suspension. I wouldnt say that they are as good as the v3's as I never tested the v3's to their capability, however based on how I drive i see ne difference in handling but comfort marginally better for the air system.

I think Ive resolved a long term performance issue with the engine. When I first carried out the conversion I had a new MAF, but the car felt fast but not "holy $h1te!", even to the point where standard vr6 rado's we matching its performance. So being that I had some gremlins that pointed to a faulty MAF, I swapped it for a spared (even though the one fitted was new!), anyway now the car behaves as others told me it should. I had a massive smile post engine swap, that smile came back this weekend which was made sweeter when I played with a golf r32 in town.

Also relocated the washer botted to the boot by using a small kit car version bottle and pump. The battery has also been placed in the boot. Giving some slight weight transfer but mostly giving more engine bay space for the long term stored BCA air filter.

Also fitted a new stereo head unit pioneer-mvh-8200bt. Great little unit for ipod uses, unfortunately Im not an ipod user which has proved to be a little annoying.

In the process of refurbing the driveshafts and will hopefully paint the rear callipers in time for MIVW.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78955[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]78956[/ATTACH]

Good stuff! It was just the MAF in the end? That would normally be mentioned in VCDS if the ECU isn't happy with it, but glad it's better now!

I didn't like the washer bottle being in the boot when I did mine. It took too long for water to hit the screen and it came out as a couple of dribbles, but so long as you're aware of that, you can drive around it.

Looks great in the pics ,love polished zw1s(wander why?) regarding the washer bottle in the boot I wrapped a new freelander last week and the washers have a one way valve in the hose ,thought this was a good idea and will be putting some in mine,,

tbh the delay in the washer fluid isnt noticeable, I do have a one way valve near the jet to stop any leak back which may be the reason. I was initially more worried about losing pressure over the distance however this is fine too, if it wasnt I would have placed a second pump nearer the jets.

I still havent managed to get VCDS to work, Im just useless with it. Might just bite the bullet and get a genuine unit and learn the ropes.