quicky1980

Re: Quicky's Corrado - Audi 3.2

Paint work looks lovely, am not usually a fan of the aqua...

Some nice subtle mods there, have you coloured the number plate panel as well??

have you coloured the number plate panel as well??

yes i have colour coded the panel. Didnt want to advertise my number plate so once ive edited the pics ill post up some more.

cheers for the feedback guys

righ its been a while since i put up this post and thouught I best say something a little more about the car.

when bought:

2.0 16v 9A Aqua Blue 1992

140k full service history

standard all round

Bought it April 2006 afterr selling my mk2 golf 16v. I have spent a lot of time and too much money to get it to what you see.

heres what she was like when i got her home after buying her from bogner reigis

03160008.jpg

and her original interior

03160001.jpg

ill try and post a few more pics and details to get this up to date. im in the middle of converting to a vr6, looking back would have been better to buy a vr6. oh well :)

Finally got the r in, took alot longer than planed but here it is. Still needs some tweaking but I use it daily so happy for now.

DSCF5552.jpg

next to do, change the cv's/gearbox and steering rack (all went in one go lol!!)

funny you say that about the wheels, planning on going for some different ones, same style bu wider. also i have removed the spoiler from the car and i got bored of the look

Looks fantastic, mate. What a transformation! :shock: Good work.

Just saw your other thread about 18s. IMHO 18s just look wrong on a C - just too big :?

Looks fantastic, mate. What a transformation! :shock: Good work.

Just saw your other thread about 18s. IMHO 18s just look wrong on a C - just too big :?

just sometimes when i walk up to my car the rear wheels look to small in proportion to the car. I deffinately want to go wider.

Heres the car the day after washing it, just before heading off to ultimate dubs. Also fitted brand new 50mm spoiler to the bumper.

I think it looks more in line with the shape of the car and doesnt catch on the speed bumps at work. Just got to be more carefull not to hit the sump now I dont have the spoiler pre-warning me.

DSCF5783.jpg

next job, gearbox. LUK clutch arrived today. I got an engine support from screw fix for £35 inc postage the other week so should make it an easier job. I also hope to swap the stering rack at teh same time.

DSCF5879.jpg

this is a lovely looking motor! Paintwork is fantastic. any thoughts on what wheels would suit?

i am currently saving for a respray and want what looks like the same body mods doing. Do you have a ballpark figure for what i could expect to pay to get the same sort of job done?

this is a lovely looking motor! Paintwork is fantastic. any thoughts on what wheels would suit?

i am currently saving for a respray and want what looks like the same body mods doing. Do you have a ballpark figure for what i could expect to pay to get the same sort of job done?

thanks, not sure what wheels Im going for yet. Thinking split rims and black middle section. But something may come up that takes my fancy.

Cost wise, it all depends, mine was supposed to be £2000 but I almost took it to small claims and settled out of court at £1400 if I remember correctly. The hardest part of a respray is finding a good body shop, so many cowboys out there!! Mine was a state before the work so I reckon £1500 to £2000 should give you a good job. any more than that you'll be geting into the show quality level and you wont want to take your car out in the winter etc lol

Changed the uprights and other hardware to allow for the 5 studs. Now have fitted the new wheels. BBS Reps.

Old vs New

DSCF6239.jpg

Random pics

P1020341.jpg

P1020326.jpg

P1020492.jpg

P1020344.jpg

car needs a clean after a weekend of driving to wales and back

DSCF6842.jpg

DSCF6848.jpg

DSCF6847.jpg

Those wheels look great, just to clarify are they replicas and not original bbs i have been looking about for some like this.

By the way the car looks mint altogether.

Those wheels look great, just to clarify are they replicas and not original bbs i have been looking about for some like this.

Thanks bud, cars still not looking bad after over 2 years of use and now doing around 10k miles a year for work. When I get a company car I will rebuild her from top to bottom. cant wait!!

pretty sure they are LM reps, yeah.

Right, been busy lately. But here are some pics'

these were taken at the Stanford Hall event I was at. 50 Corrado's turned up alltogether.

DSCF6930.jpg

DSCF6931.jpg

DSCF6932.jpg

DSCF6938.jpg

DSCF6940.jpg

DSCF6941.jpg

DSCF6952.jpg

need to update my signature picture I think lol

Re-wired the headlamps so I can now see when driving at night. Next thing to do is space the wheels out and look into fitting air-con