quicky1980

Re: Quicky's Corrado - Audi 3.2

hey pal, that crack pipe is the wrong way round sos orry but you'll have to remove and re-fit it. while you're doing that, check it against the original r32 item - i had a gruven crack pipe on my conversion and i THINK (not certain) that it was an r32 item - would certainly be worth checking seeing as you're going to have to remove the crack pipe anyway.

you need the 2.8 24v tensioner bracket - order one for a 28 24v mk4 (can't find part number sorry) and i'm fairly sure that it's the 24v tensioner that you need a well - both of those shoud come in together at around the £80-100 iirc...

don't know what you're on about with the control capsle and having multiple ones there pal... there is a closed loop vacuum system that operates the flap actuator on the en of the inlet manifold - check out my old build thread for pics...

and yes, you do have to run one of the audi/r32 sensors as one of them talks to the new ecu, but i can't remember which one it is now i'm afraid - also there MAY be subtle differences in the wire colour and/or way the wires run between the audi/r32 engines. uncertain basically, so i would PM Kip_VR on here and i'm sure he'll be able to help you out.

rocker cover is looking very nice pal, please do keep us all updated on progress :D

I wondered if I put the crack pipe on wrong, but It's not bolted on tight anyway. Will do it once I'm certain Ive go the pipework setup correctly. The 12v crack pipe does differ to the 24v but again hope to use mainly 12v coolant layout. Thanks for pointing it out though

Will need to source a part number and see if vw do a decent price. If im lucky may find a 2nd hand one

Attatched to the front of the inlet manifold was a larger plastic box that looked like an air damper. Attatched to this were/are two little solenoid/valve thingies that must control the amount of vaccuum going to the variable inlet and the other goes to the egr controler iirc correctly. Olnly prob is i didnt pay attention when taking it all apart and now i dont know which controls the egr and which controls the inlet. Once i work out which is not needed can i cut it off or will it throw the car into a error mode? Will get some pics up to make it clearer

Ill give kip a shout at some point, but currently the 12v coolant temp sensors have no plug attatched. Surely this will mean the dash or engine fan wont work correctly. Or does the 24v ecm only need one coolant temp input and has the relevent outputs for the dash gauge and fan control? :shrug:

1. I think (long time ago now!) used the Audi alternator bracket, just took the air con off.

2. The solenoid furthest away from the alternator controls the Inlet manifold- diagrams on VAGCAT

3. I'll know exactly what goes on with the Audi ECU and fan controlling shortly, there are a few outputs which I'm not sure on.

5. Geeny brown temp sensor for the ECU. Can't remember which of the others do what anymore, I can never remember which is the right way round anyy more! VAGCAT will tell you!!

Both the tensioner and aux bracket hit under the variable inlet manifold, why oh why!? :shrug:

parts I'm using are:

tensioner PN 021 145 299 and the aux bracket PN 021 260 087

Just bought all new engine mounts ready and last week I pushed out all the old subframe bushes. ready for sand blasting and powder coated :clap:

Also now have two gearbox's in the garage, one's a vr and the other is the r32, hopefully sold the r32 one :grin: . Ive bought the clutch ready to fit the gearbox, but want to clean up and paint the vr box first.

I hope to pick up some red samco's soon and have a 11" spal fan on it's way. Still looking out for an 8" version

Loom and ECU are packed and ready to be sent off for "modding" by Mark at VAG doctors in Bristol. Last big thing to get is aexhaust manifold for the job, was thinking dubpower, but does anyone have any better suggestions?

Right found the right bracket and got it from germany, its 021 260 087D iirc and it arrived next day!! These Germans are pretty good!

Sent a load of subframe parts over to be sand plasted, hope to have them ready for powder coating on tuesday.

will post pics once I get them all back.

ill probably stand corrected but when i was looking to do the conversion, the dubpower one was pretty much the only 'off the shelf' manifold available. i phoned a couple of tuning companies about a price for one but they all said they get them from dubpower. no doubt situation has changed now but i would guess its either custom make one (at a possible high expense) or go dubpower

What alternatives are there to using the dubpower exhaust manifold? Or is this the best of the lot?

a word of warning make sure pete that pete at dubpower tests it for any potential leaks, as i had 3 that were leaking but pete was great at getting them sorted.

cheers guys, pretty sure will be going with the dubpower version, just thought I would check.

Started to clean up the gearbox, not sure whether to polish it or paint it. then not sure on colour, decissions decissions ...

Will be rebuilding the driveshafts with new boots etc soon, so I would like to hope that in a few weeks I'll be at a stage of having most of the setup put together and looking ready to fit :clap:

The loom should be back with me in a week or so soon 8)

Just need to plan a long weekend of ready for the swap, not looking forward to the wiring.

forgot to mention that I got myself a aeromotive style FPR yesterday, so fueling issue should be under control now

Here's the latest with the bracket fitted and the audi badge on

DSCF37921.jpg

i would go for painting it, keeping polished things look tidy will be a nightmare!

yeah true, I'm tempted to do it black, silver/black or maybe even red :nuts:

red not too sure about, black i reckon would be a good idea. what are you proposing to do about the oil cooler? going mocal or altering the mount?

red not too sure about, black i reckon would be a good idea. what are you proposing to do about the oil cooler? going mocal or altering the mount?

once Ive got the gearbox on I will look at the mount situation. I would preffer to keep it standard but am thinking of using a mocal kit with a stat fitted. But Ive heard this can still over cool the oil if its fitted by the grill like I want it to be. will see

If you paint the gearbox just remember the more paint you put on, the less efficient the heat transfer out is.

If you paint the gearbox just remember the more paint you put on, the less efficient the heat transfer out is.

never thought of that, surely they were painted when out of the factory? Or were they just bare?

What a busy few weeks. Managed to get most parts sandblasted and powder coated and I must say the results look very impressive.

DSCF3808.jpg

However, the subframe has some blemishes so will speak to the powder coaters tomorrow to see what they have to say about it.

The loom is with South West In Car Technology in Bristol aka SWICT or Vag Doctors. It's being dealt with Mark, nice guy to talk to but seems a little dis-organised but I prob put it down to just being busy. Should get the loom back next week,

Will be ordering the dubpower manifold at some point hopefully this week.

Spending a little time to clean the spare VR gearbox ready for some detailing.

Mised out on a corrado centre console gauge on ebay the other day :bad-words: was willing to pay good money for one as I really want one! Also having a bit of hassle with someone on here selling me faulty parts, still trying to get them to sort it out.

So next jobs.... drive in the new VAG bushes on the subframes (once the sub frame has been fixed), fit brackets and exhaut manifold to engine then think Im almost there ? :cheers:

Will be detailing the slam panel too, watch this space.

Coming along nicely mate :D Will have to pop over and take a look at some point when ive got my car back on the road, ill bring that battery with me aswell if you still need it???

Coming along nicely mate :D Will have to pop over and take a look at some point when ive got my car back on the road, ill bring that battery with me aswell if you still need it???

Your always welcome mate. Yeah, keep meaning to give you a call for that battery you have. What's up with your car at the moment?

Your always welcome mate. Yeah, keep meaning to give you a call for that battery you have. What's up with your car at the moment?

I was looking at a room near you actually last week with the misses but she wasnt keen as the room was to small :( shame was a nice house!

My clutch has gone on the car and i now cant start it either even though ive been running it most days of the week :( im getting the feeling that its time to sell up

I was looking at a room near you actually last week with the misses but she wasnt keen as the room was to small :( shame was a nice house!

My clutch has gone on the car and i now cant start it either even though ive been running it most days of the week :( im getting the feeling that its time to sell up

Don't loose heart mate, we all go through tough times with car issues. When you get it sorted it wil be worth it. Get me, I sound like a relationship expert lol If you need a hand to sort it let me know

Don't loose heart mate, we all go through tough times with car issues. When you get it sorted it wil be worth it. Get me, I sound like a relationship expert lol If you need a hand to sort it let me know

Cheers mate, shes all tucked up inside my garage at the moment out the way :) Well you seem to have a Corrado that never goes wrong....i just brought the wrong one i think :( ive spent so much money its a joke!!! Ive had the car nearly 2years and its just been spend spend spend. Ahhh well like you said it will be worth it in the end :)

Cheers mate, shes all tucked up inside my garage at the moment out the way :) Well you seem to have a Corrado that never goes wrong....i just brought the wrong one i think :( ive spent so much money its a joke!!! Ive had the car nearly 2years and its just been spend spend spend. Ahhh well like you said it will be worth it in the end :)

LOL :clap: don't make me laugh! I've had my share of problems, and I have spent a shed load on the car too. If I ever decided to sell the car it would go as parts because if I tried to sell her as a complete setup I would loose a tonne!

My mentality is the more I fix, the less there is left to go wrong. Buy a new car and you may have to go through the whole cycle again. If you have the clutch, make a day in our diary's and we can swap it over together.

Ive now gone and crushed two of my fingers at work and have my hand in plaster, no more driving for a while now :( great!!!!!!!!!

Haha yeah thata the way i look at it aswell but its been at the point of where all my wages go into the car for to long now and ive just had enough of it :( if only it was to work id be over the moon! Cheers mate thats awesum of you :D ill let you know when ive got it and we can sort a date out :D

Jeez, how did you do that!

Started to rebuild the wishbones only to realise that VW sold me some standard rear bushes instead of the r32 spec :mad2: and to make things worse, because I got them ages ago they wouldnt refund or exchange them :censored: , anyway I now have the correct ones and will press them in soon. It looks like the r32 bushes are a tad taller and wont slide into the subframe, may need to fettle them slightly but will see/check before I do.

Collected the subframe after having it redone, still not brilliant but better. Will push for a discount next time for the hassle the company put me through.

Not heard off SWICT, nice guy Mark but not very good with the communication. In discussion with dubpower and currently trying to work out which setup to go with ie full dub power system inc manifold, decat and bosses fitted or just the basic maniflold and I will make up a decat with what I have around me. cost is the major decider currently.