Sign in to follow this  
VeeDub_NZ

WRONG COLOUR!!!!!!!

Here's the low down:

I got my car painted (doors forward) here in New Zealand, the guy did a sh!t of a job and i told him to do it again. He did it again and when i came to collect the car it was outside in the rain on an overcast day. Rain all over the car i couldn't see the quality of the job, so i paid him my $1400 and took it home.

I cleaned it the next day and had it out in the sun. My rado is Helios Blue LA5Y. The rear end still had its beautiful purple pearl but from the doors forward is now just a flat metalic blue with NO purple pearl at all. In the sunlight, my car is 2 different colours which is horrible.

The painter said he typed in my paintcode LA5Y and 7 variations came up - he took the first one and painted it. NO MATCH. I've spent hours on end trying to find out where i can get the RIGHT variation of this paint so i can go back to him and tell him, that's the right paint - do it properly.

I shouldn't have to take my car back to a "professional" 3 TIMES before it could be done right. Anyway any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

We only have 13 Corrados in New Zealand, HE F*CKED ONE OF THEM UP.

I had the same situation with a Aqua Blue Pearl G60 that I bought a while ago, the rear quarter looked more like helios blue :? - It was deffinately a different shade! - I had the whole side painted and it looked ok-ish.