Sign in to follow this  
LisaK

Project Shadow - NEW ROLLING ROAD RESULTS Pg8 and VIDEO!!

Alright Lisa,

I was thinking about the Rado the otehr day so thought I swing by and see what you have done to old girl since you've have it.... It's looking the Danglers if you ask me, I'm loving the Badgeless Grille and eyebrow.

Glad to see the Suspension has been changed, I think what was on there before was probably the worst sus ever, god knows where it was from!!!

Anyway it's looking sweet.

Take it easy,

t.

Cheers Tom, I've just been working my way around tidying her up a bit. After 2 weeks of owning her, the new suspension was already on order :lol: The badgless grille/eyebrow is no more seeing as it flew off at 60mph and hit a Rover behind me ... another has been ordered but I think I'll spray this one body colour :) I forgot to mention it in an update but I also got the exhaust pipework changed as it had pinhole blows round a couple of the joins. I also had the centre box taken out as the muffles were all burnt out anyway - you know how loud it was before... you can barely have a conversation at 80mph now 8)

I had her on the rollers today and the results are:

A pleasing 192.5bhp at the flywheel and 195.4 lb/t

but a disappointing bhp figure at the wheels - 141bhp :(

I have many more plans that will be revealed in the near future 8)

I'd ignore that wheel loss figure if I were you, cars just don't loose 25% of their power through the running gear and wheels without a serious fault. I'd take it to a rolling road day and then you can at least compare your car to others which will give you a better indication of what power your car has. As for future mods I'd get yourself a Golf G60 front mounted intercooler, I got mine from bar-tek they have 2nd hand refurbed stock with all the pipework you will just need to spend about £50 at vw to get all the right clamps and screw and then they are pretty much a straight fit only requiring a little bit fiddling. Real easy to fit with the front end off, the hardest bit is getting out the old charger under the wing which makes a nice space for an oil cooler. :D bar-tek charged me about £500 odd IIRC.

Honestly makes a massive difference to the car. Do it! :grin:

http://www.bar-tek-tuning.de/lshop,show ... teile,.htm

Well, it's been a while so thought it time for an update. The past year has been a bit of a downer for me and my Corrado, mainly because the master and slave cylinders died at the same time, the engine started to mysteriously flood and then a few months later the head gasket went. When the head gasket was changed and the head put back together, my mechanics then told me they don't really know much about the G60 engine and set the timing to standard. Why they even began working on my engine like that before telling me they don't know the engine very well I don't know and they didn't bother to check the timing setting before taking the head apart even though they knew I have a Kent cam pulley :shrug:

Ever since the head gasket, I've been running around in a car that kangaroos, almost stalls, hesitates and runs ridiculously lean - 35.2mpg in a non-standard G60 was cause for concern! I then had issues with my alloys that I newly refurbed and bought brand new Dunlop SP9000 tyres for... the spigots on the hubs are apparently too big for the alloys yet they fitted perfectly on my MK3 Ibiza and Mk3 Golf. And we can't forgot the two split coolant hoses that I had issues trying to locate! It seemed like I was spending all my money on fixing the C and trying to make it look pretty when it didn't want to have any of it so by August time I'd seriously had enough and was looking at Jap turbos...

After going to some meets and getting a bit of support/peer pressure from friends, I eventually decided it was time to save some money and start plowing it in to the C as I'm not having anymore tattoos for a while :lol: The first thing I treated him to was a new black beesting-style aerial as the one on there was "silver" and was all tarnished and rank. Next was a full set of black Samco coolant hoses ...

Samcos.jpg

...and then a full grey leather interior in pretty much mint condition (I'm sure the majority of you know what leathers look like so I'll sort a picture out later on). A week later I then booked him in to G-Werks for the 30th January (TODAY!) for a charger rebuild/service, the timing setup properly, tuned up and a general checkup on the things that were bothering me (ABS and front mount mainly).

Poor thing :(

DirtyG.jpg

So... I've spent most of today at G-Werks nosing over what the guys were doing to mine as well as the stunning Porsche out the back and also getting attacked and my shoes eaten by this little terror...

Charlie.jpg

I didn't have the previous certificate from the last charger rebuild but it apparently had been ported. The charger was cracked open and after cleaning up, low and behold it had been and by quite alot according to Darren. He also mentioned that it was one of the best conditioned ones internally that he's seen in a while :D

Casing1.jpg

Centre.jpg

asgoodasnew.jpg

Other things changed/fixed - one of the oil pipes (I think it was the return) wasn't returning the oil properly so that was changed, I had a G-Werks version of the SNS chip which caters to my engine mods and the timing was setup properly (it was 6 degrees out!!!). The ABS sensor is shafted on the front N/S - when the ABS light goes off sometimes the brakes LOCK :s so the sensor has been temporarily unplugged until I can source another as it's actually safer having no ABS if it's doing the above! Also, I need to source an alternator damping spring as the one currently being used has lost a lot of its springiness.

How it looks now - yes, the rest of the bay is rank:

chargerfitted.jpg

Darren took the G out for a test drive once everything was put back. I think he managed to get in to 3rd and quickly accelerating for 4th when one of the boost hoses popped off. It was only when we got back to the workshop that he realised the boost pressure had actually made not only the boost hose pop off but the BOLT that held the RSR outlet and boost hose to the charger :lol: A longer bolt cured that problem and I had a relatively easy drive back to Essex (minus the rush hour idiots of course) :)

Next jobs - give the engine a good de-gunk and clean/tidy-up to match the brand-spanking new-looking charger, change the blue reducer to a black or red one, fit my new Samco coolant hoses, source and fit a standard airbox, treat him to a decent wash, polish and wax and then hopefully get my car in the bodyshop to get the rear arches pulled or rolled, haven't decided which yet as even the current (crappy) alloys are catching due to the offset and I want to go a bit lower.

I'll try my best to get some decent, cleaned full car pictures up soon :clap:

Oh and a BIG thanks to Darren and the guys at G-Werks for making me feel welcome and sorting my poorly Corrado out!

Lisa, Its good to see that you have found the enthusiasm again.

I know from experience what it is like to fall out of love with the C, Nice one for kicking its a$$ and getting back into it.

Even without full revs this is quick! And wierdly a bit quieter now as well! :scratch:

But at least it's been cleaned after the club trip to "Sarfend" yesterday, but a top tip is try and dry the car before it ges dark and dew point sets in, oh and before I lose feeling in my hands too! :lol: Bring it over when it's a bit warmer and I'll spend a day detailing it for you!

Can't wait for the run-in period to be over and see what this can actually do (rumours of 200hp) as with all the issues it's only really been a 'bit' quicker than my Valver! :shock:

Oh and Lisa, glad our "Peer pressure" kept out of the land of the rising sun! (Actually, looking at that "kitted" MR2 from yesterday would have been enough! :lol:)

it's such a nice feeling to ge a G60 running sweet, looking forward to a trip to G-werks myself this year once my engine is fitted and bedded in and i'll take some old shoes to be chewed!!

I have a spare alternator springy thing i think, will check for you if you want it.

@ Mattwilde, what the hell is happening with yours buddy????????

i love the mean look of this car - glad you have got it all sorted again :)

you need to get it on the rollers and see for sure what it's making! :norty:

shame you don't like your wheels - i think they suit that "dark" nature of the car, they are uber light as well, so you'll notice a handling deficit if you change to something heavier...

So... I've spent most of today at G-Werks nosing over what the guys were doing to mine as well as the stunning Porsche out the back and also getting attacked and my shoes eaten by this little terror...

That dog is insane, he took a shine to my boots while I was down there last month even though he had his own pair of trainers to chew! Came home with a mint G60 but needed new shoes!

wow! gone through the wars and come out the other side witout rice that is impressive on its own!! lol

dont roll the arches!! hehe just look at the pics in my build thread to see why you can get a much better job done by having them pulled nikki (m15vw) will back me up on this one!

I think stevemac would be thrilled to know that his car is being looked after still :) Nice one Lisa!

Lisa, Its good to see that you have found the enthusiasm again.

I know from experience what it is like to fall out of love with the C, Nice one for kicking its a$$ and getting back into it.

It took it's time but I have my friends to thank for the well needed kick up the arse :)

Even without full revs this is quick! And wierdly a bit quieter now as well! :scratch:

But at least it's been cleaned after the club trip to "Sarfend" yesterday, but a top tip is try and dry the car before it ges dark and dew point sets in, oh and before I lose feeling in my hands too! :lol: Bring it over when it's a bit warmer and I'll spend a day detailing it for you!

Can't wait for the run-in period to be over and see what this can actually do (rumours of 200hp) as with all the issues it's only really been a 'bit' quicker than my Valver! :shock:

Oh and Lisa, glad our "Peer pressure" kept out of the land of the rising sun! (Actually, looking at that "kitted" MR2 from yesterday would have been enough! :lol:)

Quieter is a good thing, especially for my ears and my brain!! If you feel the need to detail my car then by all means do it - you don't expect paying though, do you? :lol: and Darren said he expected it to be running in excess of 200bhp now :)

it's such a nice feeling to ge a G60 running sweet, looking forward to a trip to G-werks myself this year once my engine is fitted and bedded in and i'll take some old shoes to be chewed!!

Definitely :) Before, the G was a chore to drive as it was unnecessarily noisy and it gave me the hump nearly every time I had to drive it! Bearing in mind its a daily driver at the moment I wasn't always in a good mood most mornings at work :lol:

I have a spare alternator springy thing i think, will check for you if you want it.

@ Mattwilde, what the hell is happening with yours buddy????????

Yes please :D It needs to be a goodun though!

i love the mean look of this car - glad you have got it all sorted again :)

you need to get it on the rollers and see for sure what it's making! :norty:

shame you don't like your wheels - i think they suit that "dark" nature of the car, they are uber light as well, so you'll notice a handling deficit if you change to something heavier...

The main thing is the size of the alloys rather than the design as I much prefer the way 16s look and feel on a Corrado. Will be hopefully doing a RR day at Storm if the bloke arranging it on NR can sort his sh*t out and book a day!!

That dog is insane, he took a shine to my boots while I was down there last month even though he had his own pair of trainers to chew! Came home with a mint G60 but needed new shoes!

I did shout at him a few times as I only had converse-like canvas trainers on and was afraid he'd bite my foot as well as my trainer :lol: I couldn't be angry at that cute little face for long though... :luvlove:

wow! gone through the wars and come out the other side witout rice that is impressive on its own!! lol

dont roll the arches!! hehe just look at the pics in my build thread to see why you can get a much better job done by having them pulled nikki (m15vw) will back me up on this one!

Those RX7s are still tempting me but the Corrado is still winning at the moment! I'll go have a lookie at your build thread in a bit... :)

I think stevemac would be thrilled to know that his car is being looked after still :) Nice one Lisa!

There is not a chance in hell that I'd even think about breaking it, driving it in to the ground or letting it rot to pieces! My G is faaaar too solid a car to be doing that. I'd rather spend the money to keep it on the road and, if it ever comes to it, sell it for someone else to enjoy :)

Lisa, do you if there has been anything sorted for that RR day at Storm - last time I was on NR, it seemed to have stalled :shrug: ?

Lisa, do you if there has been anything sorted for that RR day at Storm - last time I was on NR, it seemed to have stalled :shrug: ?

No change unfortunately and I'm not sure exactly what the hold up is as they have plenty of members interested :shrug: I'll PM both jo(h)ns now and see whats going on. If they can't get their arses in to gear then I'm tempted to arrange one on here!

I will dig it out, i take it you mean the 1 thats about £70 from VW, i had a new 1 fitted when i had a charger rebuild in 2003 ish and it came off the car in 2005 so its only had a couple of years use, from memory its a little rusty looking from been sat around but should still be in good working order.

Ah, the memories. Can't beat a good trip to G-Werks! :D And Darren's dog is awesome! :cheers: I need another trip down there soon for a few things. Probably nearer MOT time.

I will get you a pic tomorrow of it Lisa and let you decide if you would like it or not, only asking £10 to cover a little postage and a drink for me :lol:

No change unfortunately and I'm not sure exactly what the hold up is as they have plenty of members interested :shrug: I'll PM both jo(h)ns now and see whats going on. If they can't get their arses in to gear then I'm tempted to arrange one on here!

Hmm, ok, and thanks for the update. There's usually about one CF rolling road session per year, so it might be a good idea to organise one here (hint, hint). In the past we've had them at Surrey Rolling Road and Stealth. Personally I like Surrey Rolling Road, but then it is only 3 miles away from me :lol: . I'd be interested in one at Storm though, quite fancy a nosy round their place.

What's happening with mine? it's taking forever to get the bits!! got a call from Voodoo today to tell me the final bits had arrived from G-werks (thanks Darren!) so it's now a case of throwing it all together and sticking it in the engine bay....then the painful bedding in period :(

fingers crossed for an end of the month bit of joy, only been 1 year and 3 months since i melted 2 pistons :lol: