Sign in to follow this  
Kevin Bacon

Air/fuel meter

kevhaywire, I've got a Autometer Ultra light A/F meter

so to test the probe

do i tap the probe wire through a digital meter to the earth/battery then.

I used to have that exact same meter on my 16V Turbo. It's a good one :lol:

Sorry, yeah to test the probe you can use a meter, but it must be a high impedance (10Mohm) one to avoid damaging the probe and also, most meters (except dedicated Automobile meters) can't keep up with the change in voltage, but it gives you an indication if it's working or not.

Kev

Henny beat me to it 8)

Kev - just a small point - the cct diag shows 2 x 2k2 resisitors, but your note above mentions 2 x 220k :?: :?: :?:

I've built mine with 2k2 - worked ok on the bench :?:

My apologies, yes they should be 2K2! I've edited the above post accordingly! Thanks for spotting that.

2K2 incidentally sets the reference point to be 0.1V per LED segment and the other 2K2 sets the LED current. You can fiddle about with the latter's values to alter brightness, or simply exchange it for a pot. One other thing, try also a 2.2 tantalum cap across signal and ground to smooth out voltage spikes from the probe, makes the meter a little smoother :lol:

Kev

What about us without lambda probes (16v boys) can we just bung one in the zorst or is it way mor complex than that?

Guys?????????????????????????????????? :?

What about us without lambda probes (16v boys) can we just bung one in the zorst or is it way mor complex than that?

Guys?????????????????????????????????? :?[/quote:6615f]

Yup, you need to have a nut welded into the downpipe which will take the probe and then just wire it in... (+, -, and signal IIRC...) 8)

LOL, no mate. I noticed those shortly after making mine, which is a shame. Could have saved myself a lot of hassle!

I wonder where he got the stickers from?