Sign in to follow this  
StormchargedVR6

spal fan fitted

Just spent most of the day fitting my Spal slim line fan, Not wanting to take the front of car off, i just removed the schrick which is easy.

Just got to wire it up now,

Could anyone tell me where this yellow/black wire goes, not sure if i've pulled it off from somewhere.

Will it fit on anything nearby? That's a good start. Looks like it could be a starter motor wire.

There seem to be a lot of random spare wires on corrados to be fair.

Where abouts did you get your spal from? I might wack one in my 16v as the fan is playing up.

There seem to be a lot of random spare wires on corrados to be fair.

Where abouts did you get your spal from? I might wack one in my 16v as the fan is playing up.

Got it off Ebay

Did you get any mouting brackets with it? If not how did you fit it? I need some brackets for mine but 1) dont know where to get them 2) dont know what shape to make them if not available.

Just had a look in the engine bay on mine, it's not connected either so wouldn't worry. Not to sure what its for though lol.

Just had a look in the engine bay on mine, it's not connected either so wouldn't worry. Not to sure what its for though lol.

Cheers for that steve, i just finished the wiring for the fan, and been for a long run, it all works a treat :) . Well worth mod, great weight saving even if your not going short runner :D

How have you wired the fan in to the three speeds? I've got a Spal just need to install it, but also need to make some mounting brackets too.

Don't worry about that wire, it's been discussed a few times, it's unplugged on everyone's I think. Got a feeling it's something to do with the aircon.

How have you wired the fan in to the three speeds? I've got a Spal just need to install it, but also need to make some mounting brackets too.

Just need speed 1 , use your live from fan to the red/white wire and the brown for earth, job done. Im also running low temp fan switch.

It all works great :)

Couple of questions about the Spal fan if you don't mind me asking. How much slimmer is it than the standard fan? I had to move my rad back to fit the condenser in for the climatronic as it's huge, I only have about 10mm clearance now to the standard inlet manifold and plan to fit a Schrick so need to save some space. Is the cooling OK with just one fan?

Couple of questions about the Spal fan if you don't mind me asking. How much slimmer is it than the standard fan? I had to move my rad back to fit the condenser in for the climatronic as it's huge, I only have about 10mm clearance now to the standard inlet manifold and plan to fit a Schrick so need to save some space. Is the cooling OK with just one fan?

No problems at all, theres loads of room now, and a great weight saving.

The cooling is fine. Would say its defo worth while.

Ask kev (cheesewire) or anyone running one if these will tell you.