Sign in to follow this  
vr6storm

Corrado-Forum Scottish RR-day Convoy'n'meet-ups

i'd say from showcase itll be an hour and 15 maybe an hour and a half.

Don't take me saying i'll make my own way up the wrong way- it just sounds like it would be too much hassle for me to be there for that time.

cheers for now

paul

Take it you Glasgow boys are going M8 then over the Forth Road bridge? There's 4 going from Edinburgh I think so if you still want to meet before/after the bridge let us know.

We're leaving around 9am from Gorgie.

If we meet before the bridge that would probably be better.

We were up at Star today and it will only take around an hour to get there from the showcase cinema.

DM

It will probably be about 9 or just after that ill be passing the showcase so ill just see you lot up there. get a convoy on the way back.

ps, dm, how many battery changes did the journey take. :lol:

Does it take you about half an hour from the cinema to the bridge? We could say around 9.15-30am then which will gives us enough time.

Just need to decide where. Is there still a Mickey D's before the bridge?

It will probably be about 9 or just after that ill be passing the showcase so ill just see you lot up there. get a convoy on the way back.

ps, dm, how many battery changes did the journey take. :lol:

believe it or not i managed to make it to Star on one battery with still enough power to spare to go into the town while grims car was getting done.

cheers

If we meet before the bridge that would probably be better.

We were up at Star today and it will only take around an hour to get there from the showcase cinema.

DM

Dam that is good going an hour from the showcase takes me an hour to get to livingston with the road works from the west end. Must have a look see if I'm hitting the right pedal. Which one is for the breaks :lol: :lol:

Sunday traffic and it should be a little less maybe even time for a McDonalds at the bridge :wink:

i'm sad to be missing out now!!!

i think me and Glen will still just get you guys up there and take out time!.

looking forward to it

cheers

PAul

right for the guys meeting up in aberdeen...........matt and the elgin lot will be meeting up with you at the duthie park between 8:30-9:00am so if you could all wait for him and the elgin mob that would be great(also if one of you could PM coullstar and see if he wants to join up with you from Forfar onwards that'll be cool too ......anyway i've told "lumley" aka martin(exC vr6 owner) to meet you all there and wait for matt...........as i will be setting off a bit earlier to help sort out parking and order of going on............which brings me to my other idea.......instead of normally just parking round the back next to star's workshop door if everyone could park at the front (on the gravel too) just as you turn into Star's main entrance and what i'm thinking of doing is putting the cars on 1 from each group.........ie i'll be going on first* then 1 from the South group(Glasgow etc....i believe Fat Tony would want to be first on) then 1 from the North group(Aberdeen/Elgin) then 1 from the East group(Edinburgh) turn-about etc so if you can organise your order between yourselves too that'll be grand :wink:

So aiming for a ten o'clock start then? At star P round the back on the gravel?

The thread is to long to find the start time (I know lazy bob stard)

So aiming for a ten o'clock start then? At star P round the back on the gravel?

The thread is to long to find the start time (I know lazy bob stard)

yeah roughly that time....its all dependant on jim and brian getting there to open up of course...........but parking at the front.....so as we can get some sort of organised chaos to the running order

Depending on how Saturday night goes I will either join the Glasgow team at the Showcase early doors or just wander up to Star a bit later on...Remember to keep space at the back for a little un!

G40 AL (or is it now 20V AL?) what you thinkin buddy?

For those of us meeting at the showcase cinema at 8:30, do you think we'd be better leaving at 8:30 or is meeting at 8:30 ok? Plus, are we actually going to meet in the carpark for the cinema cause it's bloody huge!!!! We might end up having one group of us at the front and the others at the back. Let's say the bit of the carpark at the front entrance to the cinema (the bit on the slight hill)?

theres a burger king beside the tescos b4 the bridge. Meet there at 9.15-9.30.

k?

Are you Glasgow boys OK for this? Traffic should be fine so it'll only take you 30-40 minutes from the showcase. Or does everyone prefer McDonalds to BK?!?

Either or mate, not decided if I'll be getting a breakfast yet. I do prefer the sausage and egg mcmuffin but I'm sure I could cope without one and just buy a few hash browns. hmmmmmmmm. Sounds ideal though if we leave the showcase just after 8:30.

Yo JJ I'll be 20V AL as the G40's 1st gear is MIA.

If you aren't too minging on saturday night I'll come wake you up sunday morning to meet the others at the Showcase. If not I'll catch u up there, but I'll call you later to see whats happening.

Alan

Edited to say McD's is rank, BK is most definately the highest quality fast food known to man! :lol:

BK is definitely the best place to meet ,especially if you come in the M8. It's just before the bridge at Ferrymuir Services, you can't miss it.

So we'll say 9.15-30am. How many are coming through from the west coast?

myself and glen (boj mobile) will get you guys up there for about ten.

We may be a bit later as we have 2 hr drive.

looking forward to it cheers

paul

right guys once you get to star-performance can i ask you all to try and find parking spaces at the front of their unit and NOT to all park up on the Gravel bit round the back where their workshop door is.......

Unfortunately it looks like I will not be able to make it. :cry: Family probelms but nothing to serious.

Have a good day all those who are going and try not to bend to much metal! :)

Guys I'll be in Rosyth in the morning as I said before. What time do you think you will be crossing the bridge? If sombody PM's me there mobile I can give you a call and can hopefully get you on the other side (thats all based on me getting out of bed in the morning). And yes I'm to tight to cross the bridge just to come back over again :p

Hey Roddy thanks for doing all the leg work on this one was a good day and well organised.

Nice to put some faces to the names.

Cheers

Yeah cheers Roddy was good to see other Rados,hopefully have another meeting in the not too distant future.