Sign in to follow this  
too hot

Water Leak

Hey guys my beloved VR6 seems to have sprung a slight water leak.It is not so much a leak as a slight weep!!!

I have taken some pics of the area it seems to be coming from and have attached them for clarity.

It seems to be coming fronm a housing below the three sensors (yellow,blue black.)in the pics.

Now looking at it and the restricted area around it would seem that the easiest way to get at it for closer inspection is to remove most of the front end,ie grill lights rad slam panel etc.

Has anyone had this problem and if so how did you get round it.Did you go down this route of removal??

Any help would be appreciated.

Easy to replace :-) me and Goldie did it on his storm a few weeks back and if you use the search you will find the "How to guide" on replacing it ;-)

slightly OT, but are you missing an inlet manifold bolt there big fella? I've just compared your second pic with mine, and I've deffo got a bolt in mine!!

timmaaah, Well spotted one bolt missing at the time of the pic :!:

I noticed it too and thought weird :!:

Managed to find a suitable one in my ZX6r spares box :lol: :lol:

Thanks Dan managed to find the how to thread looks easy enough once I get the parts together.

Out of curiosity what thermostat did you use ?