Sign in to follow this  
alex303

approx weight of VR gearbox

does anyone on here know the weight of a VR gearbox, have got to arrange for one (complete with Quaife) to be shipped to me from another forum member and need to know the approx weight for the online Parcelforce booking!

Does'nt have to be exact but just to the nearest 5kg would be great!

do a search as this I'm pretty sure has been asked and answered before

already tried that and the results we're quite varied, saw everything from 30kg up to 60kg mentioned, need something a bit more definitive!

Just as a pointer you will find that all corrado boxes weigh about the same, aside from autos, the only difference is the ratios and final drive.

The quaife diff is heavier than the standard one, so expect the gearbox to weigh a bit more than 45kg. I dont know by how much though.

cheers for the info chaps, in the end was a moot point cause the Parcelforce driver decided he did'nt fancy collecting the box, apparently even though i'd clearly booked the collection as being 45kg on their website (& paid top dollar for it plus insurance) the driver has discretion to refuse to accept anything above 30kg.....nice one Parcelforce!!! ended up with a 650 mile roadtrip last saturday to sort it out but alls cool & the gang now!