Sign in to follow this  
CIPO

Best tyres for std 205/50 15"

Need 4 new shoes. Have tried all sorts before but my last were Eagle F1 GS-D2 (don't do D3 in 15").

Though they were the best so far in the wet(where it counts).

Any thoughts?????

F1s, Toyo Proxes T1-S, Bridgestone Potenza RE720, Potenza SO2 or SO3 are all very good in the wet and have decent tread patterns. The Bridgees have dual compounds, so get stickier the more worn they get.

Kev

Am I wrong or do you have to be a business or something to be a member of Costco. That is what I have been told. Frustrating because there is a huge one near me...

no... you just have to pay a membership fee. thats how it is over here anyway... ive been going to costco with my mum since i was like 10 years old... she paid around $100 a year for membership IIRC.

Am I wrong or do you have to be a business or something to be a member of Costco. That is what I have been told. Frustrating because there is a huge one near me...

You don't have to be a business, but you do have to be a "professional"... Professional what I've never worked out, but I'm a member anyway... :roll: :lol:

They do 2 member levels, Trade (businesses) and Member (professionals) the only difference is the times they'll let you shop... There's not a lot in it really...

I had BF Goodrich Profiler G's on the car when I bought it. I am impressed with them.

I had two fitted yesterday at Total Tyres in Binfield for £49.00 each. Trust me they are brilliant. 205/50 are alot more expensive than 195/50. So £49 is good for a premium Brand.

Ahhh glad someone else has BF Goodrich profiler G's, i was beggining to think I was the only one in the country with them! :roll:

Ive only had the car 2 weeks and its been wet the whole time so i haven't had a proper chance to test them, seem pretty good though. I had Yoko A539s on my previous car which were a bit twitchy in the wet but otherwise superb, its hard to compare cross car/size though. :?

check out mytyres.com, i got toyo proxes for about £30 each inc vat and delivery

I got my 205/50 Toyos from them and they were £185 delivered.

Need to know a man with a fitting machine then as well.

I have had Michelins from Costco in the past. They were excellent in the wet and I finally finshed off the fronts on a track day. I rate them at least as good as A539s. Just missed getting 4 195s for 150 quid. They had a deal on earlier in the autumn.

I am sure you can find a way into Costco or someone who'll help you out. You just need to pay cash to avoid any questions.

Gavin

i have michelin pilot exalto's at present and although i havent really had the chance to put them to the test in my 'special' way yet (mainly due to the koni suspension still sitting in my bedroom) i am happy with them in the wet and dry.

Having said that they are rather expensive and dont perform much better tham my old toyo T1-S tyres IMHO

uniroyal rainsport 501 are great i got all my mates to get them and they wont get anything else now!!!!

they are as good in the wet as they are in the dry and they are bout 180 for 4!!

I'm running a pair of the new Goodyear F1's & a pair of Yoko A539's.. both tyres grip well, even in the wet :D