Sign in to follow this  
Tempest

What a day

The intention was to have a nice relaxed Saturday, which to a large degree I've managed to have.

I had decided to tootle to Mallory Park in my C to inspect the circuit for an event.

Hardly 2 miles away from home, I was setting up my brandnew all-in-one in-dash receiver, cruising along a 2-lane road when I spotted another alpinewhite C parked on the buslane. It immediately became obvious as to why this other C was parked up on the buslane (see pictures) :cry: :cry: :cry:

I made a U-turn at the next junction to see whether the driver was at least OK as far as his health was concerned, as emotionally he was down in the gutter, of course.

He had rear-ended a Saab with his 9A-engined valver, and erm, no, you can't get that damage fixed for £1000, as he was hoping. I had to shatter that dream and advised him on how best to deal with this with his insurance, as he wasn't quite sure how to best go about it. Well, neither would I, if I had been in his shoes, just having crashed your own C.

Whilst a few mates of his took him back home to retrun with his Dad, I was kind of babysitting his salvage. The insurance apparently want the wreck in their own yard (I hate that!!!!), it transpired during a telephone call. The AA refused to tow his car back home ... don't know what cover he had.

After I had finished helping him as far as I could, I continued my journey to Mallory Park.

Upon arrival I couldn't resist to pick the most interesting spot in the car park, right next to the only other C, a darkblue VR6, what a coinidence :-)

On the track a few Morgans were giving it some, displaying awesome sounds from those lovely Weber carbs :-)

On a dirt track some kids were having fun with their dirt bikes :-)

Mallory Park is a really nice track, as I walked around the entire circuit, and also through the paddock area :-)

I left again with a feeling of satisfaction, even though today there's one C less on the road.

Tempest

Sheeeite Eric, I thought that was yours at first after reading the title!

Hope the rest of the day got better... I went to that little show near Stansted today sponsored by HIC = small but cheap to get in, camping if needed and very chilled out - will probably return next year!

Well hopefully he gets back to you once the insurance is sorted out. I hate to come across as cold but one persons loss is another persons gain.. I admit I felt like the circling vulture when you spoke to me on the phone about potential rich pickings from that Corrado but hard to pass up.

Was musing about the possibility of removing the engine and putting aside some money to get Stealth to rebuild one for me.. hmmm....

Anywho.. was a superb day weather wise! Wish i'd of known you were driving up to Mallory as I might have been inclined to tag along :D

OUCH!! Poor guy must be gutted :(

I love Mallory Park, i used to race my motorbike there a LOT of times as well as practise there mostly. I think they have got the name right with 'The Friendly Circuit' as its just a nice place to walk about and watch some motosport, although its not as 'friendly' when you crash there :roll: :lol:

Rob.

Wish i'd of known you were driving up to Mallory as I might have been inclined to tag along

Yeah, the decision was taken rather spontaneously, and I enjoyed every bit of the quiet ride in my C, listening to music, enjoying the cool air inside (airco) :-), cruising along.

Still toying with the idea of doing another trip somewhere nice today in the C, as I might as well make the most of the good weather while it lasts.

Tempest