Sign in to follow this  
markhydock

To buy or not to buy?

Hi ladies and gents, I am new to the forum. I was wondering wether or not to buy a mint 1991 VW Corrado G60. It has 45,000 miles on it and has all relavent service records. It is maroon with a black interior, but sadly, it is an automatic. The price is $4600 dollars neg. Also, if I do buy it, I want to modify it tastefully while maintaining its reliability. I was wondering what I should buy in terms of performance. I was thinking of purchasing (A/C elim. kit, 68mm Pulley, SNS chip, RSR outlet, ISV re-route, Supersprint manifold, a refresh of the supercharger by BAUN Brenner, and a really good tune-up...spark plugs, tranny fluid, synth. oil, ect). The car received a new exhaust, so I will only be purchasing the manifold, but if that is bad, I will keep the stock manifold. Any info or insight would be much appreciated. Thanks, Mark

Sounds like a nice car - I don't know how the price compares in the US market, but a 45k G60 is still a bit of a rarity! An auto-manual conversion may not cost as much as you think as well - The Phirm on this side of the pond (http://www.thephirm.co.uk) have done one on marcus's VR, and a couple of other guys have done their own without too much hassle.

The mods you've listed sound like a good starting block though - if you're making it faster, make sure the brakes are up to it!

hey $4600 dollars is like £2368 english pounds at the moment and in my book for a mint one that would be a bargain over here.. with that sort of mielage its rare and i cant see it being thrashed as you wouldnt get many bank robbers in it .... :D and even if it turned out to be a lemon you could strip it and sell the parts in mexico for ten times what you paid

all the mods you are thinking of have been done to my car and it goes really well now

good luck :multi: