Sign in to follow this  
Jay2

Wiper Conversion? Anyone tried from a Seat?

Was just wondering if anyone had tried any of the wipers fitted to the Seat Ibiza or Leon on a C?

I doubt it, but I don't think there's a real need to when the MK1 Audi TT or Lupo GTI ones work so well.

If you have a friendly dealer who doesn't mind you wandering around with a tape measure, anything's possible!

I think Jay2, may have been thinking about a lower cost option maybe? If it works well you're on to a winner.

speeding.co.uk do the new style blades that fit onto old arms, £10 a blade, just call them with the length you need and they will tell you which ones to order online.

Yes, I was thinking more in line with cost.

Anyone know what size arms will fit the C and still work? Or does it have to be a set length?

speeding.co.uk do the new style blades that fit onto old arms, £10 a blade, just call them with the length you need and they will tell you which ones to order online.

I bought a set of the new style blades but the wipe is even worse than with the originals. The main reason the original wipers fails is the lack of force exerted by the spring on the arm. The blades in themselves are not too bad, just need a proper arm.