Sign in to follow this  
Jim Bowen

Bird poo stain on black car

its my dads audi

it has a patch, i think its from bird poo, is on the front of bonnet, and the laquer appears a bit milky under certain light/angles

would any products help remove this by hand, i have scratchX, megs DC1 & 2, AG SRP

You could try the Megs DC1 and a lot of elbow grease and you might make it appear a bit better but it will be hard work. When i machine polished that black golf there was still marks left from bird poop!!

i have found some bird poo's only come out with wet sanding and maching polishing back to gloss

Not surprised with that at all tbh it really does burn the paint!

I also heard somewhere that for some reason VAG is affected worse by bird poo hence why that golf i done was stained shortly after the sh*t had landed on it! I dont know if thats true though :?

Seagull poo's the worst.... I swear they drink paint stripper...

Also depends on the time of year, if they're eating berries their Guano is more acid, or so I've been told by a "Twitcher"..

Seagull poo's the worst.... I swear they drink paint stripper...

Also depends on the time of year, if they're eating berries their Guano is more acid, or so I've been told by a "Twitcher"..

*goes out to check if there are berries in the crap on his car* ...

... *comes back*

Good lord you are right!! :shock:

All the soddin birds around me seem to have something against my car. No matter how many times I clean it, the next time I come to drive it there is bird cr@p on it.... :mad: Mind you, it could be worse, it could be the burds around me cr@pping on it, now that would be bad!! :)

i posted this on detailing world this morning

"lastnight, i tried to get rid of some bird poo marks on my dads new audi, and after i'd finished am sure i could see hologramming (i only did half the bonnet, so i could the difference)

and the side i had a go at, looked weird now in the light, am quite worried, my dad ain't noticed yet.

what i did:

-wash

-clay

-megs scratchX applied with megs foam applicator (yellow disc)

-Megs DC1 applied with megs foam applicator (yellow disc)

-Megs DC2 applied with megs foam applicator (yellow disc)

-Autogylm resin polish applied with the megs even coat applicator (white furry block)

-then collinite 915 applied with megs foam applicator (yellow disc)

all removed with a megs terry cloth, yellow thing

am i using the right stuff to apply these products? and what has lead to hologramming as i have it all over my car

Hologramming is caused by using an abrasive polish and not breaking it down properly, so basically the Scratch-X. Did you work it until it went clear working in straight lines and buffed off straight away not left to dry??

EDIT: Mind you, if you followed with the DC1 and SRP they should of cleared up most hologramming left. Also to add you would be better off applying DC2 after the SRP as its effectively a glaze so the SRP would just wipe that DC2 away.

thats what i was told earlier, that theres no point in dc2 then srp, i was just trying anything really :lol:

i'm hoping its just a case of too much product on my dads car, am going to try again at weekend.

i think the stuff on my car is from bad machine polishing that the previous owner/bodyshop did

thats what i was told earlier, that theres no point in dc2 then srp, i was just trying anything really :lol:

i'm hoping its just a case of too much product on my dads car, am going to try again at weekend.

i think the stuff on my car is from bad machine polishing that the previous owner/bodyshop did

You can still use the DC2 and SRP together but like i said just use the DC2 after the SRP as its a glaze really and the SRP will fill swirls etc.

It could well be too much product, Scratch-X is a right byatch to remove if it dries!! So you need to work in small areas at a time, make sure its fully broken down and then buff off straight away. If some areas are hard to buff off then mist your mf cloth with some QD and that should help remove it.

Previous machine polishing could well be the case though as holograms are most commonly caused by bad machine polishing. I left a few behind when i first started but that was because i tried the rush the last few panels and didnt break the polish down enough!

how is QD used?

thats another thing i don't really know, but the odd bit i've heard about it makes me think i should get some

Definately worth getting some imo. QD is Quik Detailer or basically any detailing spray. The most commonly used and cost effective though is Megs Last Touch which you can buy in a gallon tub and dilute with water 1:1 (i use de-ionised water) or use it neat as a lube for claying.

It has many uses, the main use is between washes, if the car is only a bit dusty you can spray the QD over the car cloth as it lifts the dust off the panel and then buff away with a mf and that will bring the shine back for that 'just waxed' look. Its also used as a lube for claying (Quick Detailer actually comes with the Megs Quik Clay as the lube). I use mine to mist pads when machine polishing to stop the polish going into the sponge, or on foam applicators when applying wax. It can also be used as a drying aid, if you have recently waxed the car and just want to wash it, then after washing it and rinsing it down, mist the whole car with the QD and then dry and it will dry spotless!

So worth investing in a bottle imo as you will always find a use for it.

Try livin in cornwall. The seaguls down here are evil.

Sure they look for freshly polished cars................

Definately worth getting some imo. QD is Quik Detailer or basically any detailing spray. The most commonly used and cost effective though is Megs Last Touch which you can buy in a gallon tub and dilute with water 1:1 (i use de-ionised water) or use it neat as a lube for claying.

It has many uses, the main use is between washes, if the car is only a bit dusty you can spray the QD over the car cloth as it lifts the dust off the panel and then buff away with a mf and that will bring the shine back for that 'just waxed' look. Its also used as a lube for claying (Quick Detailer actually comes with the Megs Quik Clay as the lube). I use mine to mist pads when machine polishing to stop the polish going into the sponge, or on foam applicators when applying wax. It can also be used as a drying aid, if you have recently waxed the car and just want to wash it, then after washing it and rinsing it down, mist the whole car with the QD and then dry and it will dry spotless!

So worth investing in a bottle imo as you will always find a use for it.

i went out and could only find a meg NXT speed detailer, i assumed that was the same thing so bought it

Yes mate, i have some Speed Detailer and it works a treat and smells lovely! Use it for everything! I have a gallon of Last Touch which i havent used yet, but once the SD is finished with i shall try it out :D

what i don't get it how it removes dead bugs and poo?

surely your just rubbing poo all over the car till its thin enough not to see?