Sign in to follow this  
skinnyman9000

Replacing sunroof mechanism

Firstly, i was going to put this in another sexy but didnt know whether it would class as interior or exterior :lol:

I've got a new sunroof+mech+seal and i need to fit it rather sharpish. The seal on mine has collapsed into the roof. I was going to wash the car 2moz afternoon, but now i cant unless i want a mobile swimming pool. So i need to change it sharpish because knowing my luck it'll rain every day until i get it done.

So, are there any guides? How long is it likely to take? And is it a 2 man job?

Also, im guessing its easier with the seats removed from the car?

You successfully done these?

I've just finished mine today, for the second time in about a month! By mechs I assume you mean the part which the cable is attached to.

Be careful when removing the other parts, if they're stubborn then don't hit things like lifters too hard with things like hammers. I did, and I think I weakened parts, and when putting said parts back into the runners they actually fell to pieces in my hand. First of all I thought I was a strong man, then I realised what the real reason was.

Any help just ask, it's all fresh in my mind and feel as though I could now do it blindfolded, I wouldn't try it though