Sign in to follow this  
EDSTARVR6

Child seats

I am going to need a from birth (group 0 or 0+) car seat soon (probably before 11th July....) I have just been down to mother care and the nice women there tried their own brand 'travel tot' car seat in the back of the 'rado and said it was fine.

Has anyone else used a child car seat in the back of their 'rado recently? What do you use? There are some old posts about child seats but laws and recommendations have changed since then.

I was surprised they didn't say that no child seat would be allowed to fit into the car

anyother thoughts?

its a bit of a nitemare...

Cos the back seats are in effect bucket seats the baby seat doesnt sit in it properly and hangs over the front edge.

The only way to get a child seat in the C is on the passenger seat and even then the seat has to be pulled right back as far as it can go otherwise the belt wont go round it!!....(unless anyone knows of longer belts)

Evrytime I make the missus sit in the back as a result I have to convince her its worthwhile cos the cars a classic.

9 times out ten she insists we take the golf tho...poo

Im hoping the front facing type seat will fit in the back tho..got me eye on a Child Recaro...lol

Hi EDSTARVR6we got a forward facing child seat for the rear from mothercare called the BRITAX EVOLVA 123 & it fits perfectly, apparently its specially designed for the 'bucket seat' type, i don't know about from birth but we got it when the ' littlun ' was only a few months old & its superb, cost about £95 ish i think....hope this helps.

Andy

We bought one of those Graco all in one systems for the new born. About £155 from mothercare; the pushchair came with a baby section that also pulled out and became a rear-facing baby seat for the car.

Fitted into the C in theory, with the belt at full strech to get it in place, however with the dish shaped seats, it was allowed to tilt - not good. With the back of the seat and the seat, the L shape is less than 90 degrees. To make the essential ride more stable, I thought of placing somthing firm under the rear of the curved base to stop all movement. Generally I just borrowed the misus' car.

Even with the stand alone baby seats, like the Maxicosi, these often have this curved base - to allow gentle rocking to sleep maybe - and therefore have the same problem.

We've since bought a Maxicosi front facing seat for 9 months to 4 years. Was tempted by the Recaro's that go upto 9 or 11 years old, but didn't like them for various reasons. With current laws the maxicosi can be slung at 4 years old and then just buy a booster seat, which will defo' fit in a C. As for this Maxicosi, I doubt very much it will fit nicely into the C, due to the shape; but is very well fixed into the modern Megan.

We had a Mamma & Pappas "from birth seat" which seemed to fit okay.

Just got the Maxicosi 9m-4yrs - which also fits okay. I wouldn't buy the Recaro one for the reasons above. Why would you want to be carting a massive seat around for an 10yrs when a simple booster seat does the job!

We had a Mamma & Pappas "from birth seat" which seemed to fit okay.

we used a M&P primo-viaggio too, the type that has a base that stays in the car and the seat clamps on, ideally you need a flatter seat cushion for these, but it fitted firmly and safely.

wicked. Thanks for the help. I didn't think so many people would be Corrado-Dads! We've gone for the mothercare traveltot for now, but will of course need to upgrade in the future.

cheers

ed

Right guys and gals, I'll pass this computer over to my fiance who's the babyseat expert and fitter at our local Halfords. Hope she can answer and help anyone on here;

"The bucket style seats in the rear of the c tend to be a nightmare when it comes to babyseats. Its the same with all bucket style seats like the tt which we havent found a seat that fits.

The only way I have managed to get a seat to fit was when it was put on the front passanger seat with the seat slid back as previously meantioned.

With access to the c and also the full range of childseats, I will do sone investigations and post back to see what will definately fit and stay within the law if thats of any use to you guys.

Please note that when a childseat is fitted it has to sit in contact with the entire seat and should be fitted solid as a rock, when pulled forward by the harnesses.

Ali"

Looks like I'll have to surrender the C for an even of babyseat fitting!!! :shock:

any update on this...my little one is now a year old and we have to the golf to out cos his seat wont fit properly in the back of the C..?

From birth we used a child seat from our graco travel system, later we used a Brevi seat, both fit the Corrado's rear seat perfectly.

Anyone got any pics of a child seat in the back?

EDIT - oops, just found this thread with pics :roll: if only this forum was moderated better and all info was kept in one thread! :lol: