Sign in to follow this  
will 2

how low to go

i am swaping my 17" rims for 8x16" with 45mm tyres and was wondering if i would need to lower the car any more than the 40mm it is at the moment, what are your views on this.

also do any of you have any pics of your car that i could see and if you could tell me how low it is as well ,cheers

depends on the offset of your new wheels, might not be able to go too much further without arch work though..

If you stick with a 195/45 tyre,and anywhere as low as et27.

Then you can go pretty low...Ive forgotten how much mines dropped by...around 2" 3/4 i think.

Have had it a lot lower,literally scraping the front on the road and the tyres never touched anywhere.

edit:vr will be slightly diffarent though...with having wider track.And come to think of it,earlier cars have skinnier arches? Confusing shiz :lol:

Neil.

In my experience of lowered VR's, the sump is the last thing you need to worry about. Only ever touched mine once and that was cos I didn't notice a kerb!!!! :)

Arches are you main problem.