Sign in to follow this  
Sanj

Leather Dashboard??

Ok folks, got my hands on a set of black leather interior off a vr6, a mate of mine got them for me, however still waiting for the black carpets.

My problem is is that my current dash is grey, I would like to have a complete black interior and that includes the dash and all the other bits like the pillars etc. Should I get them done in black leather or should I just get a black dash etc (plastic stuff) and save myself the time and hassle, bearing in mide that leather hide will prob cost me £150 max and its something I could do too. What do you folks think :?:

Has anyone had a go at leather retrimming before :?:

leather dash's are cool. do it.

:lol:

Seriously though, i think its very tough to do, and can be quite costly. youd probably be easier finding a black dash.

might just be easier getting a 2nd hand black dashboard as you would probably need to take the existing dash off anyway to cover it with leather........and i reckon it would be an absolute pig to get it to look right.....so best left to the experts if you want the leather dash look IMHO especially as you have't had any real experience :wink:

Yeh, will probably get the dash re-trimmed, however might save myself some cash and do the pillars etc myself cos they are straightish bits so I'll be able to get it stuck using contact adhesive.

I have been phoneing around for the price of the leather, and like in all professions the cost of labour will probably outweigh the cost of materials,

Another question, what do you guys think of a leather parcel shelf or is that major overkill with leather?

just a bit but whatever floats yer boat sanj...........of course you could drive about wearing a gimp mask and have chains supporting the parcel shelf etc...........the "bondage Corrado" :wink: :p:p :lol: :lol:

Another question, what do you guys think of a leather parcel shelf or is that major overkill with leather?

No offence bud, but i think that it would be a bit overkill....

You can always use vinyl as an alternative,

depends on the car, sukhs is totally trimmed but it doesn't look ott.

Afternoon guys, yep I think a leather parcel shelf might be a overkill but will see.

Sukh? Is that Sukh Pui you guys on about, yep kind of know of him not met him but I work with his sister.

Bally got my seats and door cards all for £300, its in great condition and not a single scratch/rip on it, can't wait to get it in the car. :D

the parcel shelf would look great in leather...i say do it!

Take a look at the following pic..you'll notice a very nice black leathered up corrado with a leather shelf with 6x9's in..all Kenny stuff!

I want a leather shelf too...once i find the interior next year of course.

As for the dash...i say find a good place to do it professionally, as its black...why don't you do the easy option of getting a 2nd hand black dash.

Boy will ya car smell of hot leather in the summer! OUCH! :shock:

leathershelf.jpg

its all a personal choice, but I don't like that parcel shelf, also think the speakers should be stealthed, but thats just me :shock:

Good luck with the retrim mate

Thera

Just a thought but has anyone got pics of interiors that are black and leathered, mines grey at the moment, I will be getting the dash leathered dash done, but was wondering if I should change the carpets to black or keep them grey?

Afternoon guys, yep I think a leather parcel shelf might be a overkill but will see.

Sukh? Is that Sukh Pui you guys on about, yep kind of know of him not met him but I work with his sister.

Bally got my seats and door cards all for £300, its in great condition and not a single scratch/rip on it, can't wait to get it in the car. :D

Thats a good price bro.. keep me posted if you see another set :wink:

not to be a kiiljoy or anything but leather dashes sound nice as do the parcel shelves but give it a couple of years and there will be more cracks in it than house with subsidance! thats from sun/heat damage.

my dad did that to a Lotus he had a while back..... not worth the money. get a black vinyl one second hand cos they are a bargain from VW at 975+VAT!!!

the parcel shelf would look great in leather...i say do it!

Take a look at the following pic..you'll notice a very nice black leathered up corrado with a leather shelf with 6x9's in..all Kenny stuff!

I want a leather shelf too...once i find the interior next year of course.

As for the dash...i say find a good place to do it professionally, as its black...why don't you do the easy option of getting a 2nd hand black dash.

Boy will ya car smell of hot leather in the summer! OUCH! :shock:

leathershelf.jpg

that's my car

:D

As you can see, here are some pictures of the leder, witch isn't build in yet

S_PICT0083.jpg

S_PICT0091.jpg

S_PICT0080.jpg