Sign in to follow this  
ardandy

Business Insurance

Getting a bit confused over insurance for the business.

Background:

2 people getting 1 policy to cover any vehicle up to £25k, done in the name of the business, not 2 individual policies.

What happens if we have a claim? Do we both lose our no claims (when referring back to private car ins) or is this seperate? If it's seperate then do we have to start the business's insurance off with 0 no claims?

Hope this makes sense!

Andy

All I get is "We're sorry but our phone systems are having problems at the moment, please try later"........beep...beep...beep

Bloody call centres!

It's a business policy. Therefore the no claims etc goes through the business, not the individuals.

I mounted a transit van whilst driving a tractor for my old employer. His (rather minimal) no claims took the battering on that one. Not mine.

Nah, not if the business policy is in his name (i.e it's his business,) it's a different case. Like I said, he needs to contact his insurer because only they will be able to tell him what the terms of his policy are, unfortunately though - that won't entail starting a thread on a forum for lots of people to reply with non-factual second hand advice :cry:

that won't entail starting a thread on a forum for lots of people to reply with non-factual second hand advice :cry:

I wish I had a handbag waving emoticon right now... :roll:

I mounted a transit van whilst driving a tractor for my old employer. His (rather minimal) no claims took the battering on that one. Not mine.

Please leave your personal fetishes out of this public forumand get back in the box!

Wasn't digging at you toady - it was directed at good old Andy 'the thread creating tart' allthough you may swing your handbag at me as much as you like :wink:

Wasn't digging at you toady - it was directed at good old Andy 'the thread creating tart' allthough you may swing your handbag at me as much as you like :wink:

Sorry Walesy, I read that as a direct crack at my comment. It's difficult to catch the manner in which some comments were meant some times.