Sign in to follow this  
JT

what oil for vr6

i'm sure it's been asked many times but i'm a little short on time to search so, whats the best oil for a vr6 e.g is synta silver ok!!!! :)

Is the synta silver a thicker oil than Synta gold? I am told that I should try using thicker oil - (currently Gold) as I have a really small and irritating leak and have changed the sump and gasket and still haven't sussed it!

Is the synta silver a thicker oil than Synta gold? I am told that I should try using thicker oil - (currently Gold) as I have a really small and irritating leak and have changed the sump and gasket and still haven't sussed it!

:roll: leaking oil??? and on TV too :roll: what will people think :?:

anyway nick that might be the solution to your C's wee oil leak prob......also you should find your oil consumption being a bit less too as i seem to use just under 2litres of the Gold-stuff between oil changes(5k mile interval)whereas someone i know who uses the silver gets around half that sort of consumption

oi! stop it ;)

it leaks about a tablespoon when I turn off after a long run. and then stops. Am def going to try silver as I am sure it will help. The guy at the dealer said it is common for the VR to leak but I don't think that's a good enough answer!...

I find Olive oil works wonders in the VR engine, gives off a nice odour when burnt too :p

oi! stop it ;)

it leaks about a tablespoon when I turn off after a long run. and then stops. Am def going to try silver as I am sure it will help. The guy at the dealer said it is common for the VR to leak but I don't think that's a good enough answer!...

Bullcrud it's common for a VR to leak oil. Mine doesn't leak a single drop. It's just a cop out answer because they can't be bothered to diagnose the fault.

Kev