Sign in to follow this  
grimmy

Another one bites the dust... - Sod the cost, i need a rado.

Not sure the pic of his skidmarks means anything at all, could be anyones skidmarks from anytime. Doesn't prove a damn thing. Still going to send them off, with a picture of the damage to my car showing that he still whacked it damn hard. Just hoping for the best, i always seem to have the worst luck with everything, cars especially.

Just hope i can get another nice vr6 soon.

any news from insurers mate ?

youll find a new one.. and make a few quid from breaking your old girl...

people always have to try there luck dont they c's dont just crumble he was clearly doing a fair bit of speed to do that kinda damage the runt !!!

This is just typical- why can't people be honest? :(

Don't reckon you'll have too much trouble though, mate. You've got good photos + witness, he's just got his word.

tell me about Andy............about 5 years ago I had a BT sales guy hit the pass.side of my Storm and damage it......fine I thought......pretty easy to see who's to blame,I even turned down the offer of a "witness" who I knew stayed in the same street as the accident scene,anyway months of to-and froing then BT sales guy has a "witness" that says I was undertaking so therefore my fault.............even tho its physically impossible for damage to be on my pass.side and his driver side if I'm undertaking!!!.......but cos he had a "witness" the insurer would only settle 50/50

Yep! I got knocker off my scooter about 3 years ago! Guy hit me in stationary traffic! Pushed the bike over with me still attached :shock: Anyway The police were involved, took statements etc!

Since I was TPFT had to Sue him through my Legal Expenses Policy, He turns around and says I dropped my bike (mmmmm Don't think so) Even though i had an independant witness who saw him hit me!

So...fast forward 3 WHOLE YEARS! Finally goes to a judge to setlle! My favour Thank You, Judge basically Bollocks his Insurance company for wasting his (For a day) and my time for 3 years when they know that a rear end shunt is automatically the person who shunted'd fault!

Don't worry Grimmy! It may take 3 years to recover your NCB but it'll settle in your favour!!!

Another three years to reclaim my no claims bonus? Better bloody not be!! I won't be able to insure a vr6 with no no claims, at the tender age of 22. I'll be absolutely gutted if this guy gets away with it, just outright lying to save some face for him. Its ridiculous!!

People are Tw@ts mate! If it has to go to a Judge 'cos neither side can agree who's to blame it could be a year upwards!

Shouldn't be though If you have a good witness! He's just chancing his arm, Don't understand how he can say that you pulled out on him though, If you did the impact would be past the junction! Not at it or even just before!

After hunting around on autotrader and pistonheads for the last few weeks, i stumbled accross a pretty clean vr. My only problem is that its red, not my first choice of colour by any means but i didn't like my dragon green one when i bought it. This one is just too smart to walk away from, i think i'd be hard pushed to find a better one any time soon. Its an early distributor engine too which i don't know much about, but i'm lead to believe there are no real advantages or disadvantages to it?

Its totally standard except for koni shocks, even original paint which looks amazing. 107k and fsh. I pick it up either Wednesday or Thursday after work :)

newrado1.jpg

newrado2.jpg

newrado3.jpg

Not sure whether to slap my BBS RX's from my old car on this one and lower it, or go in a different direction with it and sell the rx's...

nonsense!....red is the best rado colour to have! :lol: :wink:

Looks mint!

He said he'd had it Zymol treated, i didn't know what that was but just googled it and found its damned expensive stuff!! Seems to have done the trick though because it does look fantastic.

Looking like a good car...

Bet youll be well chuffed to get another Rado on the go..

He said he'd had it Zymol treated, i didn't know what that was but just googled it and found its damned expensive stuff!! Seems to have done the trick though because it does look fantastic.

:D Zymol is the mutt's proverbials... previous owner of my VR swore by it too. You'll be needing pennies and time a plenty for good results!*

*plus, based on today some better f'kin weather!!

nonsense!....red is the best rado colour to have! :lol: :wink:

Looks mint!

Almost as good as yellow :lol:

Red = good :)

Nice looking motor.. the paint looks to be in wonderful nick! I'm sure you'll learn to love it eventually ;)

Well things have gone from bad to worse, and it seems i won't be able to get another corrado.

When i was involved in the accident, i was told my insurance policy would be put on hold, that i could resume the current policy at any point up until it ends in 8 months time. Having just rung them up to change the policy over to this new red vr6, I found out that they actually canceled my policy. It can not be reinstated, and i have to start a new policy. The three years no claims i had have been lost because there is an unresolved claim, and the third party will not accept liability, so it will be knock for knock. I cannot insure a vr6, aged 22, with no no claims. I also have to pay for the hire car out of my own pocket and the bill is £2250.

Now I have to ring up this poor guy who thinks he's sold his car, and also lose the deposit i left for it.

All of this when i was minding my own business, driving carefully, and enjoying the car I'd been dreaming of since i was 16. Through no fault of my own i have been, for want of something more poetic, shafted.

Rant over, but i still don't feel any better.

sorry to hear that pal gutted for ya :( :(

chip up, you can at least save and get the very best available when your insurance comes down??

I still don't understand how the other party is able to dispute the claim when he went into the back of you! Its always an open and shut case in those situations isn't it?!

I've had a chat with my dad and he's gonna ring his solicitor tomorrow to arrange having a meeting and sorting a few things out, they deal with this thing day in day out so will know what to suggest. Also if i tell my insurance company i have a solicitor looking into it they might buck up their idea's about sorting out who's fault it was!!!

And apparently its not true that if someone goes into the back of you its always the other persons fault. As i'm finding out now. But i advise you all, have a camera in the car, and take photo's of everything at the time, and make sure you get the police out to take a statement from both drivers, and you'll avoid all this shitty mess i'm in now.

But rest assured, even if i have to have an old polo again for a year or two i'll be back with a rado as soon as i can.

mate .. look into it.. that smells off to me.. i worked in insurance for a yr or 2 and .. thats not right...

its being disputed.. its not open and shut so no way should u lose ur ncb.. or pay for hire car..

speak to citizens advice or if ur dad has a solicitor friend defo speak with him.. im totally gutted for u mate..

will try in the morning to speak to my mate whos still in insurance.. whos ur insurance with u dont mind me askin mate.. ?

think u should name and shame them any how..

they rape u for money then shaft u when u wanna claim.. it stinks to high heaven.. . .

rant over..

really sorry for u mate