Sign in to follow this  
shawshankkid

Rocker cover polishing price.

Hi all, My mate is mirror polishing his spare G60 rocker cover for me to have, he has half of it done and looks brilliant...but he's not sure how much to charge me for it and i have not got a clue what to pay him for it ...what would be a fair price do you all think ?

Cheers Chris.

Tough one this, youll be on "mates rates" so maybe a case of beer..

Find out how long hes been on with it will give you a better idea...

Yeah it takes a while, and you have no skin left on your finger tips when you have done, but it looks damm good! When iv done it ill get a picture up on here, should only take me a few more days! Iv just mirror polished the dished and lips of my new borbet a's, they are at the paint shop at the moment having the centers and spokes and backs black, also got some a the flat centers for em to, should look nice. Also gonna get an induction manifold and see if i can mirror polish that two, maybe i could brighten up a few fellow corrado owners engine bays! Watch this space!

ive seen andys work first hand, his work is to a very high standard. and literally he's polishing till there no skin left on his fingers. Ill be deffo having bits and bobs done by andy.

Hi g60greeny! Yeah mate bring em round if you want to see your face in the dishes? Got nothing on during next week apart from work of course, so could have them done for you for next weekend?

Cheers bishoprado! Yeah no worries, bring em round and ill see what i can do!

The rocker covers nearly done, looks awsome if i do say so my self, going to paint inside the grooves and inside the badge with some black high temp paint to give it some depth (cheers shawshank!) Pic will be up very soon! Allthough i think i need to soundproof the garage because i thing the neighbours are "concerned" with the wining of the drill and i think the clutch is going in this bosh drill, lol, better price another up!

I've always wanted to have a crack at polishing some stuff myself, but never had a go. Now my uni course is done i might experiment.

Pics and the method would be cool, if poss.

I've always wanted to have a crack at polishing some stuff myself, but never had a go. Now my uni course is done i might experiment.

Pics and the method would be cool, if poss.

I second that....might have to start a new thread so people can put down the does and don'ts....

ok ok i know its taken a while, (sorry guys) had lots of crap to deal with over the last few months, but iv managed to get round to finishing it, and it looks awsome! Put it this way, you cant look at it outside when the suns out or you get temporarily blinded, picture very soon!

Very, very nice mate. That 3rd piccy makes the cover look see through, showing just how high a standard it has been polished. 8)

Cheers Jonnyboyo!

I should have taken a picture oif my fingers after i had decided it was done (which was about 5 hours more work after i first decided it was done) Big Blisters! Anyway its finally done, sorry its taken a rediculous amount of time to do guys, during doing it i was constantly hinderd with more inportant crap that needed my attention, but thankfully all sorted now.

As you can see this rocker cover is mirror polished to a very high standard and took me hours and hours! This is the first rocker cover iv done and actually the thing iv mirror polished and put on here, not bad for a first attempt i dont think? Iv got my new wheels on two, borbets, flat centers, black middles and backs, mirror polished dishes and lips by my self, ill get a pic of them on here when iv got more time!

Shawshank - do you still want this rocker cover or shal i offer it to the good people of the corrado forum?????

Wow!!....nice! 8) 8)

I'd say a lot of work went into that! I'm just contemplating polishing my new inlet manifold in the near future, and am dreading it! It took me at least 50hrs of work to polish the standard 16v manifold! :(

Cheers dec, yeah alot of hours went into this one, getting the technique down now though, and just about decided on the best polishing bits and bobs to use for different parts, wheels, rocker covers, manifolds, ect after the endless buying and testing of papers, flap wheels, abrasives, pops, compounds, ect ect, im sure you know the rap sheet. My next job is my dads manifold off his 16v, and after he saw what i'd done with my borbets, he's now buying some! Which will end up in my polishing shed, but only problem is you cant really charge your dad can you! Engine looking good matey, keep up the good work!

Heres what i did with my borbets if anyone was wondering.....

The rocker cover will be up for sale if shawshank dosnt want it, or i might screw it into the bathroom wall and use it as a shaving mirror, just godda run it past the girlfriend first though :?

Gotta say guys, you really need to see the rocker cover in person to fully see how good of a standard andy's polishing is!!! He's spent alot of time perfecting the art of polishing and spent numerous sad lonely nights in his shed... :D

He's in the process of polishing some other wheels for one of our mates, who's car will most deffo be a future feature car in the nxt few months.

Hmmm, expected more of a response than that, come on guys oppinions please???

The rocker cover is now for sale and can be seen in the "parts for sale" section from tonight when i get a minute!