Sign in to follow this  
H9 DUB

My New wheels

I know Porche D90's are very popular and look really good when fully polished, but i have had a set lying around for about a year and a half now and never got round to doing anything with them.

Untill recently when i bought my new Corrado and decided to try something different with them!

Let me know what you all think?

Pic of how they looked when i bought them ( for £100 )

PorcheD90s001-1.jpg

Then got them acid dipped and blasted and then primered up

D902.jpg

Put down a base coat, atarting to look ok

porchewheels001.jpg

Then added a bit of detail

porchewheels022.jpg

And the finished article!

porchewheels024.jpg

Im really pleased with how they have turned out, i know they wont be to everyones taste, but please let me know what you all think.

Will get a few more pics up when i get them on the rado!

Nice to see something a little different... IMHO the red should be a little brighter.... Top job though... Lets see what it looks like on the car then!

Digging that! Nice one! And nice skills! :)

They'd look great on a flash red car... hmmm ;)

Fair play dude, they look really good. 8) Quite fancy doing something different like that on my Borbets, as they are normally polished as well.....hmmm....

Cheers for the positve comments guys. The pics might be a bit misleading as the pinstripe is actually Blackberry metallic to code with my car.

Looks alot better when the light catches them at the right angle, will try and get some better pics up. :)

looks like a good job, i'd have polished the lip instead of colour coding, but will be interesting to see a pic of them on the car.

Look nice! I was gonna say they needed a ride stripe round them until I read the post about it needing to be lighter!! Had to go back and have a second look at the pic!! Not sure that a bright red would look any good on a blackberry car though..

Ok guys unless ive gone colour blind they definetly are not bright red :x :lol:

More pics later today :!:

Was bored this afternoon so decided to detail my Porche centre caps, What do you think of my handy work? Didnt realise how hard it is to get your hand to stop shaking once it starts but got there in the end :lol:

Originally

Adaptors002.jpg

Detailed

Centrecaps002.jpg

Got the suspension and brakes stripped for an overhaul at the moment but as soon as its all back together i will gets some pics up, meant to do it about a month ago :lol: