STORM 2

Inpro Headlights and Bosch HID Xenon install

Very interested in this upgrade but had been told that in pro units where plastic and a xenon upgrade could damage the lens due to the increase in temp. Anyone with the upgrade had any probs with head damage?

I wouldn't have thought that'd be an issue. HIDs use less wattage and run cooler than halogens, so logically it shouldn't be a problem.

Great stuff. What about kits? Its seems the McCulloch kits are the business and to avoid the ebay crap from China. Are they plug and play or is there cuttin to do?

Very interested in this upgrade but had been told that in pro units where plastic and a xenon upgrade could damage the lens due to the increase in temp. Anyone with the upgrade had any probs with head damage?

I wouldn't have thought that'd be an issue. HIDs use less wattage and run cooler than halogens, so logically it shouldn't be a problem.

correct everyone has the wrong misconception that HID run hotter.

they run at 35 watts which is less than halogens 55 watts.

HID do draw like 25 amps at initial startup and afterwards draw 8-10 amps whilst halogens draw a continual 15-16amps.

HID will not melt your wiring if you buy a good quality kit.

The weight of the ballast will let you know if it is good or not. light weight ones do not have all the ballast components encased in silicone.

I have been experimenting with those cheap china ones and they do not last long.

Lots of VW and audi owners are very satified with the McCulloch kits

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I installed a "Bosche" HID kit purchased for £100 delivered off eBay into my mates Alfa Romeo 156....12 months later it's still going strong with no issues whatsoever.......not bad for "cheap eBay crap" ! :lol:

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I installed a "Bosche" HID kit purchased for £100 delivered off eBay into my mates Alfa Romeo 156....12 months later it's still going strong with no issues whatsoever.......not bad for "cheap eBay crap" ! :lol:

is that a typo? BOSCH or BOSCHE?? :D

Bosch, my bad, doesn't really matter tho, the fact still stands, they not be genuine OEM Bosch HID units, but they have lasted over a year now and cost far less than an OEM or genuine well-known manufacturer kit and are just as good.

Bosch, my bad, doesn't really matter tho, the fact still stands, they not be genuine OEM Bosch HID units, but they have lasted over a year now and cost far less than an OEM or genuine well-known manufacturer kit and are just as good.

do you know if the components inside the ballasts is encased in silicone or not?

i'm just compiling some data on the various brands on the market.

thanks

to be honest, I don't think it would be a good idea if I opened the ballasts, as this could make them prone to letting in water etc in the future and would void any warranty I would imagine. However, here is a pic of the kit, including the ballasts I purchased on eBay from the same seller a few weeks ago.

DSC00020.jpg

DSC00021-1.jpg

Got myself some HID Bosch lights sorted out last week, its so incredible to be able to see in front of me that I broke down and wept :lol:

I highly recommend them to anyone!

post pics of your cut off beam pattern

are you running standard lights or projectors

Lazarus thread....

There's a pic of the beam pattern in the first post using the same kit

post pics of your cut off beam pattern

are you running standard lights or projectors

Lazarus thread....

There's a pic of the beam pattern in the first post using the same kit

the same kit , but maybe not the same lights thats why i asked as if he is not running projectors there was no point him looking at the first post and that pic has been taken too close to the wall it should have been pictured at least 20ft back so the lights could focus on the wall properly,

if he is running standard lights i failed with 3 different kits in the raddos lights to get a decent beam image ,thats why i went for inpros in the end for the projector dip lights and no other reason.

I have just ordered a H4 kit off ebay. But I'm a little concerned as to how the main beam H3 spot lights will function. Do I need another kit for them? Can I run the standard H3 spots along side the HID H4's?

HELP!!