STORM 2

Inpro Headlights and Bosch HID Xenon install

Sorry, did actually mean H4 bulbs, got mixed up there. So you reckon a 6000k H4 Bi-Xenon HID kit would be the one to go for then mystic rado ?

Anyone else have any opinions ?

Cheers

Don't you need H7s for the InPros? I don't see how an H4 kit would fit :?

Crapola, yeah they have separate bulbs in the In-pro's...so that would mean would have to get TWO HID kits then I guess, to run HID dipped and HID main beam.....can anyone confirm ?

BigTartanJudge- I think mine is running 6000k. Only put Xenon into dipped beam and honestly not felt the need to go Xenon with the main beam, light output is so good on dipped bean with the In-Pro's that I have never used main beam since installing the dipped

Crapola, yeah they have separate bulbs in the In-pro's...so that would mean would have to get TWO HID kits then I guess, to run HID dipped and HID main beam.....can anyone confirm ?

Yeah, but like Andy says above, the main benefits are from the dip beam, which should be pretty reasonable with the projectors in the In-Pros. What you might want to do is look into wiring them so that the dip stays on when you switch to main beam, so you have main and dip on at once. Depends how much out of town driving you do, I guess.

Yeah, but like Andy says above, the main benefits are from the dip beam, which should be pretty reasonable with the projectors in the In-Pros. What you might want to do is look into wiring them so that the dip stays on when you switch to main beam, so you have main and dip on at once. Depends how much out of town driving you do, I guess.

That's just what I did, spliced a wire into the main beam feed to drive a relay and then spliced the output from the relay into the dip beam feed. That way I get dip beam staying on when main is on and if the relay ever fails the only thing I lose is the dim beam on main. Next step is to put HIDs into dip only for the full effect.

Interesting stuff.. Ive fitted hi/low 6k HID's to my stock lamps & find them to be awesome.. Ive got them wired in so when I flick the stalk the centre/high beam comes on too.. not had any issues, apart from headlight beam was abit to high, adjusted them down..

corradog60stage4 awesome writeup.. wondering were you got the rubber gromits fitted to the rear of the main headlight bulbs were the wiring comes out of lamp, as I dont want water getting into lamps & found that a really nice neat OE look...

Interesting stuff.. Ive fitted hi/low 6k HID's to my stock lamps & find them to be awesome.. Ive got them wired in so when I flick the stalk the centre/high beam comes on too.. not had any issues, apart from headlight beam was abit to high, adjusted them down..

corradog60stage4 awesome writeup.. wondering were you got the rubber gromits fitted to the rear of the main headlight bulbs were the wiring comes out of lamp, as I dont want water getting into lamps & found that a really nice neat OE look...

I'm going with 5300K

the rubber grommits comes installed with the McCulloch HID capsules so nothing to buy or install. :D

Hi Bally,

any chance of a wiring sketch, cos I need to get the high beams wired up somehow without having to buy a second set of ballasts. Did you use an uprated loom?

I'm going with 5300K

the rubber grommits comes installed with the McCulloch HID capsules so nothing to buy or install. :D

sounds like a well put together kit... 8)

Hi Bally,

any chance of a wiring sketch, cos I need to get the high beams wired up somehow without having to buy a second set of ballasts. Did you use an uprated loom?

Hi mate

Dont have a wiring diagram.. Im running an uprated loom which is wired into the OE loom.. I run the HID wiring etc & all seemed to work fine...

I'm going with 5300K

sounds like a well put together kit... 8)

Yes the McCulloch kit uses all high quality components from QV-20 silicone wires to AMP connectors it comes with everything you need for an OEM installtion.

BTW McCulloch has won the contract to supply HID for Audi A3, A4, Q7 and S5 in Hong Kong. So they must have nearly no failure rate and work flawlessly with Audi

Ok, going to buy a kit tomorrow for the HID's, so can someone confirm if I need an H4 or H7 buld HID set-up for use with my In-Pro angel-eye headlamps, andy665 ?

Cheers

Well have just won a kit on eBay by through making an offer which was bit less than sellers buy-it-now price and it was accepted !

Have told the seller my bulb-type is H7 (for fitting to my In-Pro angel-eyes), so hope that's correct. Went for the 6000k colour temperature, so bright-white with very slight blueish-tinge to the light output. Just gotta wait for them to be delivered and get them fitted now !

Yep H7s should be right for the In-Pros. I'll be interested to see what sort of results you get using them, they should work better in the projector set-up the In-Pros have, rather than the standard headlight's reflectors :-)

I'm very interested to see how these perform too cos I'm planning the same job when I fly home for Christmas.............Keep us posted won't yer!

Interesting, the kit I has ordered is an H4... H7 still always room for improvement...!

For standard Corrado headlights you need H4, H7s are only for Inpro installs.

Am currently deciding whether to get a 6000k or 8000k Xenon HID set-up for use with my In-Pro Angel Eye projectors. Most OEM HID's are 6000k but I do quite like a bit of the blue colour but not too much, and am not sure if you can see enough blue with the 6000k bulbs or too-much with the 8000k set-up.

Can people who have either 6000 or 8000k HID set-ups tell me how they compare in looks or even if they have any pics ? Am totally not interested at all in the ultra-blue / purple kits / HID bulbs I have seen on a lot of chavved up motors as they just look silly and seem to attract a lot of unwanted attention from the boys in blue. However, I think a small amount of blue tint to the light output does look quite nice and softens I think the ultra-white, harsh HID light you get out of the 4000k "daylight"kits.

Andy665, Storm 2, corradog60stage4 , and any other forum users who have fitted these kits, what K rating are the HID kits you are running ?

Also I can't decide whether or not to go for the bi-xenon HID set-up or just the normal H7 dipped-beam set-up, as there is only aroound £20-£25 difference in the kits price. Plus the fact that if I got just the standard H7 dipped-beam kit I think the full-beam normal halogen bulbs would become almost defunct, as it wouldn't compare to the new dipped bulbs output at all ?

For those that have purchased bi-xenon HID kits and installed etc, are they just as easy to set-up and install into the headlight housing ? Is there any differences in wiring etc. ?

Any help is much appreciated.

hi

oem hid are around the 3.5 to 4300k never higher its the fact most oem is in projector style lights that make them look blue personally a like 4.5k no more than 6k ,4.5k is actually brighter more k does not mean more light you loose useable light the higher you go and its startes looking a bit boy racer style if to blue :)

Am currently deciding whether to get a 6000k or 8000k Xenon HID set-up for use with my In-Pro Angel Eye projectors. Most OEM HID's are 6000k but I do quite like a bit of the blue colour but not too much, and am not sure if you can see enough blue with the 6000k bulbs or too-much with the 8000k set-up.

Can people who have either 6000 or 8000k HID set-ups tell me how they compare in looks or even if they have any pics ? Am totally not interested at all in the ultra-blue / purple kits / HID bulbs I have seen on a lot of chavved up motors as they just look silly and seem to attract a lot of unwanted attention from the boys in blue. However, I think a small amount of blue tint to the light output does look quite nice and softens I think the ultra-white, harsh HID light you get out of the 4000k "daylight"kits.

Andy665, Storm 2, corradog60stage4 , and any other forum users who have fitted these kits, what K rating are the HID kits you are running ?

Also I can't decide whether or not to go for the bi-xenon HID set-up or just the normal H7 dipped-beam set-up, as there is only aroound £20-£25 difference in the kits price. Plus the fact that if I got just the standard H7 dipped-beam kit I think the full-beam normal halogen bulbs would become almost defunct, as it wouldn't compare to the new dipped bulbs output at all ?

For those that have purchased bi-xenon HID kits and installed etc, are they just as easy to set-up and install into the headlight housing ? Is there any differences in wiring etc. ?

Any help is much appreciated.

hi

oem hid are around the 4k never higher its the fact most oem is in projector style lights that make them look blue personally a like 4.5k no more than 6k ,4.5k is actually brighter more k does not mean more light you loose useable light the higher you go and its startes looking a bit boy racer style if to blue :)

light output is determined in LUMENS.

the more you have the brighter it is even if the color is yellow or brownish

agreed but with hid the lumens are determined in conjuction with the k rating hence 4500k kit is brighter on the road than a 6000k kit the blue light has less actual light on the road so colour does matter in the real world

My 6000k HID kit arrived yesterday, quality looks good, although not sure it's genuine Bosche (arrived with Chinese waybill and customs declaration !) although was in Bosche box with Bosche part number etc. I will update and provide pics when fitted to my In-Pro's,

Cheers

My 6000k HID kit arrived yesterday, quality looks good, although not sure it's genuine Bosche (arrived with Chinese waybill and customs declaration !) although was in Bosche box with Bosche part number etc. I will update and provide pics when fitted to my In-Pro's,

Cheers

Those are 100% not BOSCH parts. The sellers in China are notorious for relabelling their China made HID kits to lure the unexpecting buyers.

The prices are real attractive and they will use big brand names like Hella, BOSCH, Philips and Osram on their products. The product looks the same just the name on the label is different.

Also their guarantee sucks as they make you pay both ways for shipping of the defective or a warranty processing fee of 25.00 dollars to cover the cost of a replacement part.

Anyways good luck with your kit.

Very interested in this upgrade but had been told that in pro units where plastic and a xenon upgrade could damage the lens due to the increase in temp. Anyone with the upgrade had any probs with heat damage?