Sign in to follow this  
drunkenmunkey

"Oh b#llox, now that's broken as well" experiences

Just back inside after a week of on/off not-so-straight forward DIY on my C - had a pin hole leak in the oil cooler to drain water pipe so thought I'd do a wobbly engine mount as well - that's it!

So after a week and....a new water pipe which broke the 'crack pipe' on fitting..3 days for new one...new crack pipe which broke the thermostat housing on fitting..1 day wait...HURRAY all back together with some grinding away of rust at water pump end of the block....engine mounts all in...retighten all mount bolts to Bentley spec' torques & BANG fuggin bolt shears inside my lovely new front mount.. :mad2: :roll: Still love her though :?

Anyway, I was wondering who else has had similar experiences & what they were...

'tis all part of the fun of Corrado owning I guess, we all must have a masochistic streak :)

Sounds like an unlucky week man!!

fitted my coilovers recently and after about 5 mins of driving my exhaust decided to break!! Least i got to replace it with a new shiney one though! 8)

Fitted Brembo's today and bolloxed a brake pipe :(

All fixed now though, just need to refit my eyeballs back into my sockets :)

One massive problem is - you go to fix one problem and find about 4 others that need done. Out of the 4 others at least one will be - the stealer supplies the wrong part. One will cause a painful knuckle scrape and get some crapola in your eye.

Corrado's should carry a health and wealth warning.

I fixed my horn last week then (the very next morning) on the way to work my spoiler went up then came

halfway back down before stopping... Turns out the fuse was blown but I though I had better strip and

re-grease the mech, but yet another arse of a job its a complete ba*tard to get out but at least I know

that everything has been cleaned and greased (including the motor, it gets very manky inside!!)

should be good for another 15 yrs now :D

Took it for a test drive spoiler goes up and down... Happy boy! Then some fu£(tard cut me up and I

discoverd that my horn has stopped working again!! AAARRRGGGHHHH!!! :mad:

Sunroof mechanism. My mate helped me out and i told him to be careful when removing the trim, didnt want to lose/damage anything. He got all his side off, without breaking or losing anything. I broke and lost all sorts, and somehow managed to take longer too!

I had to take the bonnet release handle off to make easier access to route some RCA leads and speaker cables through on refitting I pulled it and the bloody cable went slack! I had to get the bonnet open so I could connect the live amp wire up to the battery, so I had to break the clips on the top of the grill to reach the bonnet cable :lol:

Another one. I recently replaced the coilpack and whilst I was replaced it i must had lent on the thermostat housing. 5 miles down the road, coolant gushing out everywhere, steam from the engine etc. I thought I blew the headgasket. I somehow managed to bodge the hose that came off back onto what was left of the housing using the screwdriver from the spacesaver wheel! but I had no water. I managed to find an unused panda bottle on the side of the road (sign of a god?!) and put that in. I had to limp to back home for the rest of the way!

My last experience of this...

Solid front engine mount snapped the crappy engine mount bracket... :o

Upon moving the car into my unit to replace it, the engine fell out :lol: and snapped the pipe off the heater matrix!!!!!!!

Knightmare :(

When I picked up my car from London I tested the fully working sun roof and all was good :-)

However I went to close it from tilt on the way home and heard a bang as the passenger side cable

snapped..... :( sunroof stuck open for for weeks before I had the 6 hours required to strip the

headliner and fix it!

Should have taken it as an omen really as in that period I also found the

illegal front tyres, 1x rusted and 1x missing drop links, rotten drivers side control arm,

jammed oil pump relief valve, and the front bumper was held on with cable ties :mad:

Then the crank bolt worked loose and the fun really started :-)

Still after all that she is my daily driver and having picked her up on 76K (a year ago in June)

she just turned 96K last weekend :-)