Sign in to follow this  
Black-16v

New Purchase & New Member

HI

New to the forum and world of corrados, had a few MK2 Golfs Polo G40 etc, but been without a dub for too long!!

Just purchsed a 1994 2.0l 16v in Metalic Black, 3 owners black leather 120k miles FVWSH up to 109k miles £900 :)

Outside has a few scraps and dinks but nothing that cannot be fixed, motor could do with a good service and flush as its a bit cammy.

I know the 16v are under seen as under powered but im not after a petrol eating G60 my boy racer days are long gone just after a timless classic.

Only question is the common spoiler issue, this one dosent work at all could anybody point me in the right direction??

Cheers

sounds like you have got a good one there! Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your new rado!

The spoiler issue - apart from obvious stuff like fuses etc, could possibly be the spoiler control module. If you want check it, try and borrow a working one and plug it in. They sit behind the dash, just above where the spoiler switch is.

HI

New to the forum and world of corrados, had a few MK2 Golfs Polo G40 etc, but been without a dub for too long!!

Just purchsed a 1994 2.0l 16v in Metalic Black, 3 owners black leather 120k miles FVWSH up to 109k miles £900 :)

Outside has a few scraps and dinks but nothing that cannot be fixed, motor could do with a good service and flush as its a bit cammy.

I know the 16v are under seen as under powered but im not after a petrol eating G60 my boy racer days are long gone just after a timless classic.

Only question is the common spoiler issue, this one dosent work at all could anybody point me in the right direction??

Cheers

Ive never had a g60 but ive got a supercharged corrado vr6 - it only drinks petrol when you put your foot down. You can drive it economically if you wanted to.

Black leather is a bonus, probably worth 800 notes on its own! Welcome to the valver club. Solidarity brother.There's quite a few how-to's in the search if you get stuck with the spoiler too.

Cheers for the warm welcome guys.

Not knocking the G60 you can never beat the sound of a charger spooling up. Its just that my last MK2 Golf was a 365bhp 20v and cost me a arm & leg every time i drove it but it was worth the fun, just wanted somthing a little tamer this time!

Will get some pics up tomorrow - going to spend the week stripping it out clean and fixing a the rattles and squeaks!

Sounds like you got an absolute bargain there! Lovely colour, too 8)

Re spoiler- also worth checking that the blue/white wire with a single blue plug is actually plugged into the back of the fusebox. Mine wasn't, and the spoiler worked manually off the switch, but not automatically. Reckon it was unplugged when the alarm was fitted.

Sounds like you got an absolute bargain there! Lovely colour, too 8)

Re spoiler- also worth checking that the blue/white wire with a single blue plug is actually plugged into the back of the fusebox. Mine wasn't, and the spoiler worked manually off the switch, but not automatically. Reckon it was unplugged when the alarm was fitted.

Replaced the spoiler control relay now when i press the switch i can hear a whining noise but no movment on the spolier??

Going to remove the back panel and take a look at the motor! any more suggestions?

Some Pics not that great

MyRado.jpg

myrado2.jpg

You can drive it economically if you wanted to.

yeah but who want's to do that? :D

nice looking bargain you've brought yourself there!

ref the spoiler, if you can hear the motor going a simple strip down and grease up might do the trick :thumbleft:

the spoiler may have just been disengaged, once you remove the plastic boot trim you should see a black plastic bone shaped handle in the middle of the mech, if this has been pulled out slightly it will disengage the motor.

Sounds a good find...spot on about about G60s too! ( :roll: hope the missus doesnt see this!)

Oh come on, they're not that bad...

Looks like bargain of the century there mate! well done! 8)

I've just bought a 2l valver as well for considerably less but it is in considerably worse condition. Let's just say I like a challenge....

This could be a challenge!!

Drove it for the 1st time last night a it feels seriously under powered :(

The throttle response is very stiff and it just dosent pull smoth through the revs, i know you need to push them but!!

Had a read of the 16v threads on Club GTI and have a few things to check, timing chain, metering head etc.

Trying to hunt down a KR cam and 50mm inlet before a trip to Stealth for a proper set-up and WUR mod!

Any more infomation, tips or experience would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Nice buy..

TOW BAR!!! ARGH get it off noW!!

And umm yup they aren't mega quick but to be fair anything is going to feel slow after a 365bhp golf. :) I'm sure it'll grow on you.

P