Sign in to follow this  
vr6corrado

vr6corrado's VR6 - replacement has arrived.

I have recently bought a '93 L VR6 with black leather. Sorry the pic isn't great - taken with my phone and I can't keep still when I look at it! :D

Much better pics on next page!

Thanks pringles and biggrim.

I'm actually quite tempted to keep it standard to be honest mate.

Other than ICE that is. I have put a Sony MD head unit in it which works with the Sony 10 CD changer that came with it, and I have put in a 10" sub and smallish amp. It came with Pioneer components in the doors and three-way Kenwoods in the rear shelf.

Apart from that, cat 1 alarm and Tracker it is totally standard.

Any suggestions?

Hey, that looks a lot like my car!!

Apart from the colour and the number plate, that is!!

Anyone else around here got a VW Corrado? Wouldn't that be a coincidence!! ;) ;) ;)

Seriously though, welcome to the forum!! :)

vr6corrado

I would drop it on its arse on coilovers and get an induction,the colour is lovely IMO!Is it sherry red then?I would give up the amateur photography though mate... he he

John

Yes its sherry red, it had grown on me a lot.

The pics are all taken with a camera phone which is why they're so bad!

The only problem with lowering it is that the front spoiler would scrape even more than it does now on speed humps and ramps.

If you buy the late spec 50mm front spoiler from GPC, it might reduce the scrapage. Looks like you've got the early 90mm one which will catch if you lower it. I'm going to get the 50mm one for my G60 cause my old one kept scraping. It's lowered 40mm and on 15's (my G60 that is). Hope this helps 8)

No idea mate it was already lowered when I bought it. If I was doing it myself, I'd drop it 30-35mm tops with coilovers or something that wasn't just springs. If you go to http://www.gpcvwaudi.com and click other VW, there will be prices for the two Corrado spoilers. I think the prices are the wrong way round but if you give them a call they'll sort you out.

I think I have the large spoiler on the front, wheres it measured from, just simply height? Mine grinds even without it being lowered, and i've already cracked it on an 'invisible' drop in the road.

Car looks very nice mate, love the rare colour. TBH I don't think the quality of the pics is that bad for a camera phone, considering how far away you must have stood to get her all in.

Thera

[quote="Your most likely going to have the 90mm one, mine starts off around 50mm at the edges and goes to 90mm around the middle of the car.

Looks great m8,

The leather looks cool; is that the later spec interior?

You should take your time & save up for some coilovers, a panel filter, smoked FK's, Powerflex bushes all round & clear side repeaters. All brand new & for less than a grand. Trust me, get the proper gear first & don't make do with cheaper alternatives (like I did) as it'll cost you a lot more in the long run.

btw, welcome to the forum :)

Thanks Dave/Thera, mine is cracked too, yeah one of the pics is of only half the car because there was a wall in the way so I couldn't step back any further!

Thanks dan, yes I think it is the later spec - the heater controls are rotary not sliding - I think that means it's later spec, am I right? :) (and what are FK's???)

what are FK's???

Sorry m8, they are replacement rear light clusters (red on bottom & smoked clear on top) cost about £170

they look good, they are on my shopping list, along with a 100 other things :oops:

Thera