Sign in to follow this  
jackflash

First 'Rado - now I know what the hype's about!

Always been a VW nut but as of yesterday I am now the proud owner of this VR6, and my first Corrado at that. I can safely say it's one of the best handling cars I've ever driven, and that engine... oh my gosh! I don't think the honeymoon period is going to disappear for some time (at least until the first bill!)... but for now I just can't stop smiling! :D

27052007671.jpg

looks well 8) 8) 8)

is it full leather as well??

if so you lucky lucky man!!

cant beat that induction roar eh :D :D :D

Welcome to the world of smiling Rado owners...

Enjoy your new car, youll be looking for excuses to drive it for a while...

Nice wheels :thumbleft: , I'm not sure the honeymoon period does end does it? I mean thinking of my G60. It's white, which isn't even my favourite colour corrados come in. The gear stick nob came apart in my hands. The rear view mirror is stuck on with no more nails cos it's the only thing that would work after it fell off the first time. Not that visibility is all that great out of the thing anyway. It's now started leaking power steering fluid. No matter how hard I try or who works on it the charger won't stop making gurgling noises. But I f**king :luvlove: it and now I own a valver as well! Which barely works at all :wink:

LOL - nice to hear mate - welcome to C ownership!!!

Don't worry about it breaking down, these cars are built to last. Unlike other marques - e.g. the missus 02 plate vauxhall vectra, where I just spent saturday changing engine mounts and fuel lines!!!

Welcome aboard. I still love my c as much now if not more after nearly 3 years. I guess you expect a few probs from a 12-17 year old car. I'm sure you will carry on loving it for many a day. Take care of her (and that jag next to it )

Cheers for all the comments, as I said I've always been a VW man, MK2 golfs being my car of choice up till now but (and this might sound obvious) I can't believe how much of a step up the corrado is. On a totally different level! I've got a feeling the honeymoon 'period' is for keeps. As for the car, yep it's got the full karmann leather interior in black with the heated front seats. As for the jag next to it... sadly that's my old man's rather than mine - a 1999 daimler super v8... perhaps a future purchase though hey! :)

As for the car, yep it's got the full karmann leather interior in black with the heated front seats.

Might as well tell you this now before someone else does but ALL Corrado's are Karmann's basically. Everyone of them was styled & built at Karmann Coachworks in Osnabruck so they all sport that little Karmann badge inside on the gear surround.. even cars with lowly cloth interiors like mine ;)

Welcome aboard though.. looks like a superb example. And the VR6 engine is pretty addictive.. the Corrado as a whole, once it gets under your skin, can be hard to get rid of! :)

Ah right, cheers for the info I didn't know that, thought only the leather ones were karmann. Suprised just how comfortable they are though, the old golf interiors (especially if they are lowered) make you feel like you've gone 5 rounds with Tyson after a spirited drive!

As for the car, yep it's got the full karmann leather interior in black with the heated front seats.

Might as well tell you this now before someone else does but ALL Corrado's are Karmann's basically. Everyone of them was styled & built at Karmann Coachworks in Osnabruck so they all sport that little Karmann badge inside on the gear surround..

well apart from Storms,although built at Karmann they don't have the badge :D