Sign in to follow this  
grimmy

grimmy's red vr - been busy with lots of mdf page5

Looks very nice! I always liked red, just living with it thats a pain :)

Are you planning on attending any of the local meets? Bristol / Worcester etc.

I'll go to the next Gloucester meet, at the Hot Air Balloon. But thats not for ages now. Also by then i hope to have coilovers, and then i can play around and it get the ride just right. The Koni's and pi springs are rough as hell!

It was lowered yesterday afternoon on my friends drive... So no not yet. Need two rear tyres so will get it done next saturday at the same time. I still got my hire car from the accident so using that for general driving about :)

Looks good mate. Are they the wheels from your green v6? have they been refurbed? they look great, need to get my done.

Yeah they're the same wheels, but not had em refurbed. They were mint when i got them, but had one rub against a large stone :( The rest still look amazing :D Really suit the rado. But i want something with plenty of dish for this summer...

Heres some before and after pics from when we lowered it :D

STA70306.jpg

STA70307.jpg

STA70308.jpg

STA70309.jpg

STA70310.jpg

STA70320.jpg

STA70321.jpg

looks good after a good polish!

Ah beauty, cheers for those pics. She's looking pretty smart. Just see what happens at the garage :?

Got some tints from empire gfx, and i think they make the world of difference to the overall appearance of the car. Looks so much better, also in the process of sorting out a sound system for it because the original one still in it doesn't work anymore.

tintin.jpg

Well i decided it was time to upgrade the induction and exhaust. Went for a miltek exhaust system and BMC CDA induction kit, after reading very good reports for the two.

I must say i'm very impressed with the milteks build quality and subtle exhaust note, well worth looking at if you want to change your exhaust.

The BMC CDA was an upgrade to an old k&n i had. I know the bmc is supposed to be significantly better than a k&n. But i have to say the sound it makes isn't a patch on the K&n. The bmc sounds so much harsher, the k&n had such a deep throaty roar that i shall miss, where as the bmc sounds a little weak. A totally different sound.

Anyone else been dissapointed with the sound of a bmc cda after a simple cone filter? I'm not about to change it over again but it was hoping for more from the bmc kit.

Sorry for poor pics, but it was freezing cold and the sun was low. I just wanted to get back into my warm car and drive home :)

bmc.jpg

zorst2.jpg

zorst.jpg

Take the ram pipe off ;) Think Stealth found it actually made more power without. It will sound very similar to the K&N with it off- just slightly quieter.

Did you ever get the green one back off the insurers? Would be interested in a couple of bits ie front bumper & tailgate ;)

Hmmm i might try taking that pipe off then, see how it sounds. Could put the charcoal cannister back in then too.

As for the green vr the insurance company lost it, never found out where it actually went. They told me it was at bristol street motors in Gloucester but when i went there they'd not seen a green vr6 come there at all. The tail gate was screwed from the crash anyway :(

How can they lose a car?! :shock: Numpties!

Trust me, it will sound much better with the pipe disconnected 8)

How can they lose a car?! :shock: Numpties!

Yeah well my sceptical friends reckon thats pretty suss'. Plenty of good stuff to pinch from the car, could make someone a small fortune if they knew what they were doing. I'm still fighting the insurance company now. The guy never accepted responsibility and so i still haven't got my no claims back, or any compensation. Its so frustrating! But at least i have another 'rado to concentrate on, got a long old list of things i want to do as funds permit. Watch this space :lol:

Havent you got them wheels on yet??!! :lol:

They won't fit yet... :oops: Gonna get the acrhes sorted and purchase some good coilies for the spring. Then they'll go on. I'll just run these bbs over winter then get them refurbed while the brocks are on. I still love the the bbs, just hate spending every sunday morning scrubbing them clean :roll: Plus who doesn't love some filthy dish?

(Old people)

Havent you got them wheels on yet??!! :lol:

They won't fit yet... :oops: Gonna get the acrhes sorted and purchase some good coilies for the spring. Then they'll go on. I'll just run these bbs over winter then get them refurbed while the brocks are on. I still love the the bbs, just hate spending every sunday morning scrubbing them clean :roll: Plus who doesn't love some filthy dish?

Yeah cant beat a big dirty dish :lol: and you are going to love cleaning the brocks when they are on mate, just a quick swish round with a sponge and they are clean. Most of the dirt used to come off with just the pressure washer after a good soak in some shampoo!

Bet its nice to not have a blowing exhaust anymore! Looks good, you'll have to keep it that shiney.

Pop round somtime so I can hear it.

Its taken me ages to sort out but i have at last got some coilovers on, had a partial respray and got the brocks on i bought off the forum ages ago!

Too excited to wait for daylight to get pictures, so took some in Waitrose car park, she's super dirty but i'm pleased with the wheels. I wasn't sure they'd suit my car but i'm liking them a lot :D

brocks2.jpg

At the weekend i'll give her a good polish and a wax, then get some pictures in daylight.

Looking good chap. Still got the cams to fit? Which coilovers did you go for in the end? didnt like the pi's and konis? (if you fancy selling the pi's let me know)