Sign in to follow this  
kerrly

a how much is it worth thread... not you usual

hi people.

am not the most frequent visitor here and dont have a corrado (yet) but am a total dub nut - more a golf man but use this forum as a good source of info on 9a engines.

anyway i have the opportunity to buy a rather special in my view rado but neither me or the owner really know a rough price.

here is the spec

Its a LHD 1989 Rado G60 USA spec. my uncle bought the car brand new and shipped it back to Britain before the 1st rados were even on UK soil.

it benefits from a few items not on the UK spec list like

- Electric Seat belts

- Air Con

- cruise control

- metal electric tilting sunroof

- half leather recaros - like Golf Rallye style.

+ all the usual electric windows, mirrors (heated as well) , central locking etc

Its nugget yellow, has 80K on it obviously 1 owner , a FULL service history including every receipt, MOT, tax disc everything you can imagine. It is all totally original including the stereo , spare wheel never used nor jack or tool kit, suffered its 1st failure yesterday- A fuse!

the only thing letting it down is the paint is starting to fade a bit, one wing has been resprayed about 10 years ago and that has been the only paint work the car has ever had.

Now obviously if this was a RHD UK it could be argued it would be worth more but i am not that fussed by the LHD as hopefully i will be using it as a show car/ weekend toy.

i will get some more pics but here is one to give you the idea

corrado2.jpg

thanks for your input!

It's very hard to value a car without seeing it, but going on the pic and the description i'd say in the region of £2500-£3000. You'll need to find out the history of the supercharger, if it's not been replaced or serviced at a reputable company then it will need doing straight away (£400)

hi people.

am not the most frequent visitor here and dont have a corrado (yet) but am a total dub nut - more a golf man but use this forum as a good source of info on 9a engines.

anyway i have the opportunity to buy a rather special in my view rado but neither me or the owner really know a rough price.

here is the spec

Its a LHD 1989 Rado G60 USA spec. my uncle bought the car brand new and shipped it back to Britain before the 1st rados were even on UK soil.

it benefits from a few items not on the UK spec list like

- Electric Seat belts

- Air Con

- cruise control

- metal electric tilting sunroof

- half leather recaros - like Golf Rallye style.

+ all the usual electric windows, mirrors (heated as well) , central locking etc

Its nugget yellow, has 80K on it obviously 1 owner , a FULL service history including every receipt, MOT, tax disc everything you can imagine. It is all totally original including the stereo , spare wheel never used nor jack or tool kit, suffered its 1st failure yesterday- A fuse!

the only thing letting it down is the paint is starting to fade a bit, one wing has been resprayed about 10 years ago and that has been the only paint work the car has ever had.

Now obviously if this was a RHD UK it could be argued it would be worth more but i am not that fussed by the LHD as hopefully i will be using it as a show car/ weekend toy.

the metal electric sunroof was standard on the UK spec G60's btw,t'was only optional on the early valvers IIRC

value wise I'd say Walesy is spot on given its low miles/one owner from new status,it would have a limited market selling in the uk however so it might be harder to shift if it was on the open market

Sure the last i heard LHD were actually worth more than their RHD versions due to the rareity factor.

Sure the last i heard LHD were actually worth more than their RHD versions due to the rareity factor.

Maybe i'm wrong, but every LHD i've seen for sale in the last few years has really struggled to get anywhere near the value that a RHD equivalent would get, they also seem to take aaaages to sell.

Maybe im wrong, its not based on how much they have sold for just something i read ages ago.

Like i want a rallye but would convert it to RHD cos u cant buy them that way but with the corrado obviously you can get both so people tend to hold out for the right one to come along hence why they take longer to sell.

The LHD corrado apparently handles better, could be wrong again.

Maybe im wrong, its not based on how much they have sold for just something i read ages ago.

Like i want a rallye but would convert it to RHD cos u cant buy them that way but with the corrado obviously you can get both so people tend to hold out for the right one to come along hence why they take longer to sell.

The LHD corrado apparently handles better, could be wrong again.

think you're getting confused with RHD conversions on cars that were only available in LHD form,both pricewise and handling.............ie E-30 M3 and the Delta Integrale only available in LHD with a few RHD conversions............however both the RHD conversions of them use a different steering rack(325i in the case of the E-30 M3) so both of them lose their feel,I can't see how a RHD Corrado would handle differently from a LHD Corrado myself

thanks for the input so far.

i realise what you are all saying about a LHD being harder to sell and perhaps less desirable but at the moment i have 1st refusal on it and the owner is unsure of the value, i will not be paying market price.

I do recall seing a black g60 LHD which was a German spec so was lower than the one i am looking at and that was on Piston heads for £2000, it very hard to find LHD models to compare it to, even early UK spec LHD models seem very hard to souce.

I would certainly not be converting it to RHD, as much as LHD will give me a few issues like in car parks drive thoughs etc i can cope and part of the terms of sale are that is to remain "fairly" original.

I have known the car since new and know it has a full service history and every job that has needed to be done has been however the supercharger has never been rebuilt, i understand it is recommended they are done at 60-80k if standard but to be honest the way it is currently driven it rarely sees over 3.5K revs and is never abused or even used to half of its potential, It will be a good bargaining point though!!

I have known the car since new and know it has a full service history and every job that has needed to be done has been however the supercharger has never been rebuilt, i understand it is recommended they are done at 60-80k if standard but to be honest the way it is currently driven it rarely sees over 3.5K revs and is never abused or even used to half of its potential, It will be a good bargaining point though!!

deffo use it as a bargaining point just ask BILLCOR on here about low mile chargers grenading :shock: ..............he had to replace one on a 60-ish K(possibly even less) one earlier this year

thanks for the input so far.

i realise what you are all saying about a LHD being harder to sell and perhaps less desirable but at the moment i have 1st refusal on it and the owner is unsure of the value, i will not be paying market price.

I do recall seing a black g60 LHD which was a German spec so was lower than the one i am looking at and that was on Piston heads for £2000, it very hard to find LHD models to compare it to, even early UK spec LHD models seem very hard to souce.

I would certainly not be converting it to RHD, as much as LHD will give me a few issues like in car parks drive thoughs etc i can cope and part of the terms of sale are that is to remain "fairly" original.

Converting it to RHD wouldn't be worth it at all, it's alot of work. If it wasn't for the fact that it has Aircon and Cruise Control i'd say it would be worth £1800 - £2000 but with those desirable extras I reckon it's worth £500 more.

Like I said, there's been a few LHD G60s with low mileage up for sale in the last few years and they allways struggle to sell for anywhere near what they'd reach if they were RHD

With regards to the supercharger, whether the car's been nursed all it's life or spent it's life being driven around a track it still needs rebuilding, obviously you can take the risk that it'll last forever, but if I was you it would be the first thing i'd do.

Good luck with the purchase anyway :)

had my charger rebuilt at 96k (when i bought the car) by darren at g-werks, he said it had never been previously rebuilt.

so they can (on occasion) do a bit more than 60k 8)

2.5k for your car sounds about right though mate

Do it son, join the wonderful world of Raddo ownership!

I think that that sounds a reasonable price when you take ito account its rarity. The other plus side is that you truely know its history with it being your uncles, How many other cars can you truely say that about!?!

I wouldn't worry about it being LHD, ive seen you drivin I dont think that'll change regardless of what side the steerin wheel is sat!

Plus I could then pinch your front bumper - sweet!

Do it son, join the wonderful world of Raddo ownership!

I think that that sounds a reasonable price when you take ito account its rarity. The other plus side is that you truely know its history with it being your uncles, How many other cars can you truely say that about!?!

I wouldn't worry about it being LHD, ive seen you drivin I dont think that'll change regardless of what side the steerin wheel is sat!

Plus I could then pinch your front bumper - sweet!

This thread is over a year old :eek:

had my charger rebuilt at 96k (when i bought the car) by darren at g-werks, he said it had never been previously rebuilt.

so they can (on occasion) do a bit more than 60k 8)

2.5k for your car sounds about right though mate

Holy thread revival!!!

On the comment above. I had a G60 a number of years ago with near on 100kmiles on original SC. Sold it to my brother who treated is harshly and it was still going when he sold it 10kmiles later. Hadnt seen the car for about 3yrs then spotted just round from my work last month.