Sign in to follow this  
Jay2

What's beaten you in your C....?

Been there with the aircooled, only bonus of having a splitty was the amount of room to keep every tool I owned!!

Notches & Fastback rock in this repect too eh Claire? ... all your tools under the bonnet still leaves a decent boot in the back...(that'll confuse some!)

i once came down a large hill doing a fair few leptons, and out of nowhere this sparrow (could of been a blackbird, was all a bit of a blur) came zooming past me as if i was going backwards :shock: :shock:

pigeons are no probs, they normal veer off and let me past

Been there with the aircooled, only bonus of having a splitty was the amount of room to keep every tool I owned!!

Notches & Fastback rock in this repect too eh Claire? ... all your tools under the bonnet still leaves a decent boot in the back...(that'll confuse some!)

Hell yeah, we had a 65 Notch and it rocked. Only problems was it was 100% original and immaculate that we never dared take it out!

Saw a nice square on Volkszone the other day and was tempted but a quick run out in the G60 soon got rid of the temptation!

i once came down a large hill doing a fair few leptons, and out of nowhere this sparrow (could of been a blackbird, was all a bit of a blur) came zooming past me as if i was going backwards :shock: :shock:

pigeons are no probs, they normal veer off and let me past

True, mind you Pheasents are nutters don't ever take one on.. if they look liek tehy're going to lose they'll have a go at forcing you off the road! :shock:

Oh and Rabbits just brake test you! :lol:

Saw a nice square on Volkszone the other day and was tempted but a quick run out in the G60 soon got rid of the temptation!
If I still had my 1776'd Notch that would have soon cured it!

:offtopic: My best attempt was to sit up the arse of a Boxster S on the A303 down to RTTS... he was seriously NOT impressed that some nutter in a 30+yr old motor was on his bumper to 110 and waving! :lol:

:offtopic: My best attempt was to sit up the arse of a Boxster S on the A303 down to RTTS... he was seriously NOT impressed that some nutter in a 30+yr old motor was on his bumper to 110 and waving! :lol:

Awesome. Think a Aircooled appreciation/picture thread needs to be started!!

Had a close call with a corsa yesterday, Acceleration was pretty much matched. I never dropped any gears just foot down in 5th but eventually he pulled back!! Reckon it was a 2.0 16v.

Wouldn't have said either won or lost but it was close :(

Got beat by Duke_st's VR a while back. Just pulled away from my valver on the M3 like i was standing still! Now I'm looking for one as my valver has been killed.

HERISITES i once saw a Clio 182 do the traffic light grand prix with a Lotus Elise. There was nowt in it :shock:

POLL250 those 20v Fiat Coupe's are well quick. I went to York raceway few years back and there were 2 coupe's doing the run, and beating all the Sierra Cosworths in the process.

Had a close call with a corsa yesterday, Acceleration was pretty much matched. I never dropped any gears just foot down in 5th but eventually he pulled back!! Reckon it was a 2.0 16v.

A 2.0 16v Corsa... :?

They came in a 1.8, my mate has one, its faster than the valver. Then my other mate has a 200bhp red top in his, now that just makes me look silly

They came in a 1.8, my mate has one, its faster than the valver. Then my other mate has a 200bhp red top in his, now that just makes me look silly

Yeah, but its still a Corsa! :) A lump of poo with a big engine is still a lump of poo. See American cars for more details.

Blimey, I had a 1.2 Corsa and that was scarey enough round any kind of corner or bump. God knows what something with silly power in must be like :?

Aye obviously not standard, i've seen a couple done before but this caught me off guard :lol:

i used to be a bit of a corsa nut :( hence my username :lol:

its quite easy for them to fit either the 2.0 16v C20XE or faster still the turbo veriosn C20LET

C20XE puts out about 150/160bhp standard and a corsa is fairly simple to make lightweight 900-1000kgs etc, Its very common nowadays for people to fit em. And they estimate a 0-60 of 6.5secs with the 20xe

i would of thought they would easily beat a 16v corrado

i used to be a bit of a corsa nut :( hence my username :lol:

its quite easy for them to fit either the 2.0 16v C20XE or faster still the turbo veriosn C20LET

C20XE puts out about 150/160bhp standard and a corsa is fairly simple to make lightweight 900-1000kgs etc, Its very common nowadays for people to fit em. And they estimate a 0-60 of 6.5secs with the 20xe

i would of thought they would easily beat a 16v corrado

Indeed they should. However, would it still be classed as a Corsa? If you stick a big engine in a small car and change all the suspension, then is it still technically a Corsa. Shouldn't it be an Astra in a small body or something. At any rate its cheating, putting in a big lump in a feather. :)

Anyway, why not just buy a better car with a bigger engine? Never understood this myself.

:offtopic1:

Oh yeah, I got spanked by a porker going round Wandsworth on the south circular as well. I could keep up in the corners but he left me for dead on the straights.

At the end of the day in comparison to my mates cars mine is older, costs more to run, is slower, and is turning pink, but they all envy me :D 8)

Beaten by a Fiat coupe 20vt, man they are quick little buggers!..

Indeed they are . A couple of months ago, in my early hours drive home from work, I passed one on a dual carriageway. I was well in front, we tussled for a few miles but then like a cat bored playing with a mouse he just decided to destroy me and eased past.

Its weird about the Fiat 20V Turbo thing.. I did race one of these in my old G60, and make no mistake he was giving it beans.. but we stayed pretty level.. in fact I was starting to edge past him. I had to double check and peer at the badging before we waved at each other and I turned off just to be sure it was a 20VT, after hearing all the stories about them! Maybe he'd rebadged a non turbo or something?!

Its weird about the Fiat 20V Turbo thing.. I did race one of these in my old G60, and make no mistake he was giving it beans.. but we stayed pretty level.. in fact I was starting to edge past him. I had to double check and peer at the badging before we waved at each other and I turned off just to be sure it was a 20VT, after hearing all the stories about them! Maybe he'd rebadged a non turbo or something?!

I had a run with a 20V Turbo that I was along side on the Marylebone Road (saw the 20VT badge on his B pillar). Once we got onto the A40 he sat right up behind me and as soon as the car in front of me pulled over I floored it. I suspect the guy was a little surprised because I gradually pulled away from him at a steady rate and pulled into the near side lane to see if he had the power to get past but he didn't. There was no doubt he was trying though!

I think maybe an average 20VT is not as quick as a good VR. :D

As for a car that was quicker.....had a 911 pull away from me very convincingly :lol:

"on the topic of corsa's saw this on here not sure if u lot had but! the torque steer on it must be insane!

http://media.putfile.com/corsa-version- ... -making-of"

Tried my best to keep calm, but after 60 seconds of R&B sh*te I can't take it anymore.

Does it all work out all right at the end, do they get married and have wonderfull children together.......?

I was cremated by a ford Focus earlier this week.

I have just got my car back on the road and was driving around enjoying the way it pulled and feeling pleased with life.

I think it had an RS badge on it can't be sure didn't get close enuff.

NO WAY that thing was stock.

It drove past onto the A33 southbound just past junction 11 m4(Nice stretch) and then waited for me to come up behind him.

Then he made the jump to light speed.

Never seen anything like it.

:oops:

There's always a bigger fish.

Ferrari 355, thought it was an MR2 converstion as it looked really tatty behind me,

engine note and the speed it took off made me realise it was the real thing :(

A brand spanking TT, i kept gaining through corners, but every straight bit of road i was spanked, still i was chuffed with 13 year old standard 4-pot, as the handling was clearly better than the Audi. Time for some head work me thinks :?