Sign in to follow this  
CORRADO4LIFE

Meet Eleanor!

Meet Eleanor!

Howdy every1 can I just start by first saying what a great community this forum is and over the past week or so your posts have provided me with valuable information. I look forward to speaking with you all.

Right then I would like to introduce you all to my rado, Eleanor. Please be nice to her and what ever you do don’t make any comments on her behind as she gets very paranoid! She’s a 93 2.0L 16v in Tornado red, with black Karrman interior. I have had her for two weeks now, however I named her Eleanor like with the Ford GTO in “Gone in 60seconds”, as we have had previous history together and like any other car I have driven, she scares the living day lights out of me!

I just can’t believe that I have got her back , for the past couple of weeks I have been driving to work with a beaming smile on my face and I just hate being apart from her for to long, to the extent that my girlfriend is beginning to get jealous!

Cheers guys for the comments, are there any cruises for corrados in the North West? And does any one know where about Dubsport is and if they have a web site?

Cheers guys for the comments, are there any cruises for corrados in the North West? And does any one know where about Dubsport is and if they have a web site?

I think they are near Wigan in Lancs - try http://www.dubsport.com

EDIT - awesome gti are in warrington though.

corrado4life

I am in the north west- I think that DubSport is in Warrington.

alex darcy - are you local too?

John

im from wrexham in north wales. just on the boarder next to chester

Dubsport is just off juntion 27 of the M6 matey.

Being piccy Eleanor was a Shelby Mustang 350 GT (I know sad really) :oops:

lol ok dubboy I’ll take your word on that 1. I have booked Eleanor in at Dubsport this weds for a check over and a new throttle cable, I was just concerned cos the guy that answered the phone at Dubsport was a bit of a drip and didn't sound like he wanted my business! But we shall see, if they do a good job on fitting me throttle cable and don’t take the p1ss when checking the car over and try telling me it needs a shed load of cash spending on her when she doesn’t then I probably use them for servicing and MOT. Will keep you all informed on the job they do. I just think that these days its really hard to find a decent garage that doesn’t try taking the p1ss and doing a shoddy job.

was your c in broughton retail park the other sunday?? saw a red c with the same wheels on there :?

Wasn't me alex but it would be a laught one night if a few of us got together and went for abit of a cruz, I'm in Sunny Blackpool myself and any of you are welcome to come and visit and meet up with us one Sat night.

Dubsport are good at what they do, some people say they are a bit on the dear side compared to an everyday garage, but thats what you expect for a profesional job and they know whats what on all dubs.

I've dealt with them for years and never had any problems (especially now I only live five minutes away), a spades a spade with them if you get my drift. They will let you know what needs doing in what order etc. (no I don't work there)

As for the guy who you say sounds like a drip I think I know the one your on about but cannot remember his name, yeah he isn't the best person to put on reception but once you get to know them they are a good bunch of lads.

She’s a 93 2.0L 16v in Tornado red, with black Karrman interior.!

looking very nice 8) ........though 99% sure that all 2.0 16v's are Flash red as opposed to Tornado red.......have a look either on the inside of the rear panel for the data sticker which has the paint code or look inside the driver side wing for a red/orange sticker with the paint-name in german to confirm what colour it is.....if of course your bothered about what red it is :wink: ........saves you getting the wrong touch-up pen etc :wink:

Dubsport is just off juntion 27 of the M6 matey.

Being piccy Eleanor was a Shelby Mustang 350 GT (I know sad really) :oops:

as a proper car crazed know it all i think that you will find that its actually a Shelby Mustang GT500. its actually a limited edition that never existed in production during its era.. till last year. everyone loved it so much a company decided to turn a limited number of mustangs into these look alikes.

the only reason i know all this is cos i read it in Top Marques when visiting my rents in California last xmas.

A ford GTO was used in the movie Triple X with vin diesel and had more gadgets then you could throw a stick at!!!!!! :?

Cheers guys for the comments, are there any cruises for corrados in the North West?

Dunno, but I'm in Southport so count me in (when I get my C back from the bodyshop!)

The VWCCGB regional meets always tend to be in the South of the region - Cheshire/Wirral way - was trying to persuade them to have one Lancs. way next....

Stormeseeker pm when you get your Rado back, I was in Southport a few weeks back now on a night out, some very lovely ladies in Southport indeed but just don't let on to the other two ladies in my life, Eleanor and the misses that I said that!!!

LHD-G60, there was a mustang GT 500 produced in limited numbers in its era. Elanor was a heavily modded one, my mate has pics of th build on his puter. the vents in the c-pillars are the same etc, but the lights in the pront and other things are custom jobs. lok sexual!! i want one!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D