Sign in to follow this  
Benny16v

Anybody in the worcestershire area???????

Hey,

Im a new member to the forum and just wondering who's who.

i havent seen many rado's in the worcester area and just wondered if there were any about?

thanks

Hi Benny16v,

Welcome to the forum.

I'm in Worcester along with a few others, keep an eye out in the event section as we do have meets at Whittington from time to time.

Dave

Hello there!

Worcester boy, born and bred, strong in the arm, thick in the head. There aren't that many 'rados round these parts and when I do spot one, it's never a forum member! Unless it's Dave, and then I'm not in the 'rado.

Hope to see you at a meet soon,

Ed.

Same for me Ed, saw two the other day but I was in a Mitsi pickup truck, DOH.

Then today, all day out in the C around Leamington Spa etc, and not a sausage. Was kind of hoping I'd see Jim, as I have before when venturing out in that part of the world! Wow it was wet though, I had a strange squeeking screeching sound half way home on the motorway, couldn't figure it out until I got off. The alarm seems to have had to much to drink, double DOH!.

Benny,

You might well have, I often make trips up to the hills (and the pubs!). Then again, it could well be Edd's (also of this forum) dragon green VR. If it's got all red rears, it's his. If it's Classic Green and standard but for Solitudes, it's me. There's a link to my gallery at the bottom of this post.

Will be looking out for you mate, hope to spot you before the Air Balloon meet!

And does this mean there'll now be a friendly, helpful presence at Listers?!

Ed.

You guys are so lucky living in that district. 8)

Ever since I saw Ken Russell's classic BBC film about Sir Edward Elgar over 40 years ago when I was a teenager, the music and the scenery have never left me. Corny but true!

I have always meant to come there and do an Elgar tour or something. I suppose like all residents in interesting places you take it all for granted and wonder what all the fuss is about.

Sir Edward, the son of a shopkeeper/piano tuner is almost certainly the greatest English composer of all. As you may know, he had an unparalleled ear for melody and orchestration. Awesome enough, but we need to remember, too, that he had had no formal musical education either.

He is in my top 3 of all musicians - I have 21 CDs by him, and about as many by Santana and Pat Metheny. What strange company, he would probably have thought.

Sorry for the gushing, but I am sincere. :D

yeah no probs,

if you need stuff then PM me and ill see what i can get it for.. i pay cost price for stuff so all good! :lol:

yeah no probs,

if you need stuff then PM me and ill see what i can get it for.. i pay cost price for stuff so all good! :lol:

Now THAT is music to my ears my friend! Good stuff! Will buy you a thank you beer in advance of help when we meet!

Ed.

You guys are so lucky living in that district. 8)

Ever since I saw Ken Russell's classic BBC film about Sir Edward Elgar over 40 years ago when I was a teenager, the music and the scenery have never left me. Corny but true!

I have always meant to come there and do an Elgar tour or something. I suppose like all residents in interesting places you take it all for granted and wonder what all the fuss is about.

Sir Edward, the son of a shopkeeper/piano tuner is almost certainly the greatest English composer of all. As you may know, he had an unparalleled ear for melody and orchestration. Awesome enough, but we need to remember, too, that he had had no formal musical education either.

He is in my top 3 of all musicians - I have 21 CDs by him, and about as many by Santana and Pat Metheny. What strange company, he would probably have thought.

Sorry for the gushing, but I am sincere. :D

Lovely post craigowl. I feel exactly as you do, despite having been born here and having lived here for most of my life, less three equally lovely years down in Devon. I never take my county for granted, especially not the wonderful scenery and the hills. Going up there in all seasons and watching the landscape changing is a passion of mine; life always seems to have been put into perspective when standing on the top of the Malverns and watching Worcestershire sleep down below.

I'm bang alongside you on Elgar too, though many of my more classically inclined friends view him as an inferior composer. To me, his music IS the place of my birth and the England that I know. I also love the story of Elgar taking another great of the twentieth century, Tolkien, on a walk on the hills, after which Tolkien was apparently inspired to return to his unfinished novel, having been reminded of his vision of the white mountains of Gondor.

If you're ever down in the 'shire following the Elgar trail, give me a shout craigowl. I'll gladly take you for a pint of Malvern Hills Bitter in one of the many fine pubs up by the hills.

Oh, and there's one other reason for living here: God's own cricket ground.

Now THAT is music to my ears my friend! Good stuff! Will buy you a thank you beer in advance of help when we meet!

Ed.

well it would be rude of me to say no to free a beer now wouldn't it!!! :lol: :lol:

Ed.

well it would be rude of me to say no to free a beer now wouldn't it!!! :lol: :lol:

I'd definitely be very insulted!