Sign in to follow this  
BILLCOR

6BRANCH MANIFOLD

Done a search but couldn't find much

Just wondering the Pro's and Cons of having/fitting one?

lol. I ve got one but its not yet fitted. Its alot lighter then the standard item and should yeild a nice gain. O and it also sounds great (apprently :lol: ) You need to wrap the manifold for two reasons protection of the surrounding parts and reduce under bonnet temps also to improving the scavenging of exauhst gases helping the engine to breathe more efficiently.

You should also check you engine mounts are in good order and look to maybe uprating the front mount as a min.

lol. I ve got one but its not yet fitted. Its alot lighter then the standard item and should yeild a nice gain. O and it also sounds great (apprently :lol: ) You need to wrap the manifold for two reasons protection of the surrounding parts and reduce under bonnet temps also to improving the scavenging of exauhst gases helping the engine to breathe more efficiently.

You should also check you engine mounts are in good order and look to maybe uprating the front mount as a min.

Hallelujah :lol:

Cheers mate, had read about the heat wrap and a mate mentioned he had a lot of bother due to the engine mounts

I kinda bought one on the spur of the moment and then thought about it later :)

Its the Supersprint one

You could look into a coating by CamCoat. This is a ceramic style coating and keeps the heat in the exhaust gasses allegedly helping them to move faster and thus increase power. I had the headers on my TVR V8S done and the stuff is amazing and all my wiring hasn't melted!! Heat wrap works but has downsides, most notably corrosion.....and looking manky after a short period of time.

Kevin

Its the Supersprint one

You bought the SuperSprint 6 branch?

You might have problems with that as apparently it's LHD only.

In terms of primary and collector design, the Supersprint is one of the best available. You should see some gains in the midrange with that, especially with a Supersprint cat by pass.

You could look into a coating by CamCoat. This is a ceramic style coating and keeps the heat in the exhaust gasses allegedly helping them to move faster and thus increase power. I had the headers on my TVR V8S done and the stuff is amazing and all my wiring hasn't melted!! Heat wrap works but has downsides, most notably corrosion.....and looking manky after a short period of time.

Kevin

Cheers mate, I'll look into the Camcoat :)

Its the Supersprint one

In terms of primary and collector design, the Supersprint is one of the best available. You should see some gains in the midrange with that, especially with a Supersprint cat by pass.

I was certainly lead to believe it was a RH fitment :? , I shall now check this, I'm pretty sure RHs are available

What is your opinion on the heatwrap or CamCoat?

I wanted one for my VR ages ago and was always told they wouldn't fit because of the LHD/RHD steering rack differences......BUT.....I just looked through the Exhaust thread and supersprint-uk has confirmed it will defo fit, so apologies for the false alarm!

Heat insulation - TBH I have zero experience of ceramic coating but it sounds impressive. If it were me I'd just use a good quality thermal wrap, such as Cool-it, therma-sleeve or DEI.

I wanted one for my VR ages ago and was always told they wouldn't fit because of the LHD/RHD steering rack differences......BUT.....I just looked through the Exhaust thread and supersprint-uk has confirmed it will defo fit, so apologies for the false alarm!

Heat insulation - TBH I have zero experience of ceramic coating but it sounds impressive. If it were me I'd just use a good quality thermal wrap, such as Cool-it, therma-sleeve or DEI.

You had me worried, thought I'd bought a duffer :lol:

Its in the post as they say and I'll divulge what it cost when I have my hands on it

Had a look on the Camcoat website, does seem very impressive, price list was for 2002 :?

http://www.camcoat.u-net.com/Exhausts.htm

Its the Supersprint one

I now have the manifold, as I said spur of the moment buy! I got it for £260inc postage, its brand new :shock: I think it was a decent buy :lol: , regarding the CAT bypass, what gains are to be expected and is it worth while, also would the car pass the emisions test with the bypass?

also would the car pass the emisions test with the bypass?

That all depends on how well you know the MOT tester :lol: