Sign in to follow this  
storm_warning

3rd brake light

The US spec Corrado has that 3rd high-level brake light where we have number plate lights. I once saw a how to on retro fitting one to the Euro spec Corrado which required a degree of metalwork cutting, but I've just seen this: http://www.corrado-teile.de/shop/produc ... rrado.html

Anyone tried it? The blurb says it can be retro-fitted to one that didn't have one as standard, but I wonder if it's still a cut and shape the positioning jobbie.

do a search for this mate iirc cheesewire fitted a hella unit at the top of the rear screen with out a lot of bother

I grafted one of the long thin (cheap) brake lights in to the trim at the top of the rear window. Cost me a tenner, took half a day to do and looks as though it has always been there. Stops chelsea tractors that are too high to see my normal brake lights from running in to me.

I really wouldn't bother with the US-spec one - it was a crappy after thought and fits badly. Plus if you're hacking the bodywork about, you're likely to get rust issues too...

So is the one in the link from my first post simply a US spec spare, despite the "can be retrofitted" statement?

It certainly is, and the only way of retro-fitting is by chopping!!!

So is the one in the link from my first post simply a US spec spare, despite the "can be retrofitted" statement?

It certainly is, and the only way of retro-fitting is by chopping!!![/quote:6cda8]

Ah yeah sorry - that is a US-spec light.

I don't see why you guys want one...I want to get trid of mine.

Corrado_misc_101.sized.jpg

I'll swap my boot for yours then :lol:

Where did you get the number plate surround? Looks quite cool

I don't see why you guys want one...I want to get trid of mine.

Corrado_misc_101.sized.jpg

I'll swap my boot for yours then :lol:

Where did you get the number plate surround? Looks quite cool[/quote:7ef3d]

Stan, if you mean the US spec Plate panel (with the short plate area) I have one you can have for Nada.... The actual plate surround is a US jobbie, you can buy similar at many places but try here... http://www.eurosportacc.com they are genuine Dub heads, I used to deal with them in my old Racing Job... Plus thay still stock "Hop-up" parts for the Rado... Lower front Strut Brace anyone?

Yup that's the puppy... It's rattle can Pearl Grey (can be sorted with some Satin Black) and from memory has the usual Plate surround issues (was mounted with Bath Mastic but some of mounts were ok IIRC).

This is all from memory as I took it off almost as soon as I bought the car (guy before had a small 4-digit personal plate and Full length uk plate look cack) and bunged into the back of the folks garage.. where I think it still resides...unless the old man's chucked it....

As it's No use to me will offer it FOC to first person who replies to a f/sale thred I'll post.(just to keep thing fair)... So keep your beadies out Stan...

Too late, I was at work when you posted, good job I bought a brand new one from GPC at Inters :wink: Ready for painting

I got a standard UK one mate, but theyre like rocking horse poo. However, I can always arrange to send my old one over to you if you want it? Was gonna sell it on here otherwise.