Sign in to follow this  
Critical_Mass

Throttle Pedal

Ok, this may be a problem- something a few of you guys have had a problem with too. OR it could be that its suppose to be like that. Here goes....

Ive noticed the throttle pedal is about 1 1/2 inch lower then the brake and the clutch pedals. But if i put my foot under it and pull it up, it pops to the same level as the other pedals. So it doesnt just raise, it actually pops to the same position as the others. Is this normal or is there a problem that needs fixing?

Now, if i make it level to the other pedals, but then press the throttle and let go, it will stay lower then the other two. The pedal being at the same level is not a comfortable driving position anyway, so im hoping its ok being a tad lower.

Anyone else had this problem, if it is one?

Sorry if this is a cr@p explanation, only way i can describe it.

Ill get back to any replies asap as the internet connection is being p00p and Virgin media are being cr@p at fixing the problem.

Cheers

Gaz

I've noticed the same problem on my valver, the revs idle a bit higher when the pedals lower as well. Not sure if it's a major problem, but looks quite common. Let me know if you manage to solve it.

The revs stay the same tbh, so I dont think its a major problem, or if its a problem at all. But not really any closer to finding out either way.

Mines always been the same...Even after a new correctly adjusted cable.

Wonder if its a worn plastic? bush or something on the pedal?

Neil.

My valver is the same. However, i wouldnt want to change it. You see, due to it being a coupe and withe way the seats are my legs are alot more horizontal than in say, a hatchback. This means that when i want to brake or change gear i have to lift my leg up out of its normal position to press the pedal down, whereas with the accelerator, it sits just right for longer journeys. Ive never had leg cramp/ache in my leg

Yeah, like ive said if i was to make the pedal so it stays at the same level its not comfortable anyway. Going by the answers i have got its normal for the pedal to be slightly lower.

I can't imagine driving a car with the throttle pedal at the same height as the brake, you'd not be able to heel/toe on downshifts and that's not right :lol:

I can't imagine driving a car with the throttle pedal at the same height as the brake, you'd not be able to heel/toe on downshifts and that's not right :lol:

I would say the same, pretty sure every car I've driven has the gas pedal lower.

mines like that too! i think its cool as stated above i dont get leg troubles either unlike previous cars.

i have just had the throttle sticking all of a suden though, it feals like the cable is this a sort of common fault?

simon