Sign in to follow this  
Blown

MG ZT

phookun 'ell they're quick! :shock:

Not sure which engine was in it but after 120ish the damn thing was still pulling away from me. :oops:

I reckon it was the 2.5 V6 version-loads of grunty torque.

Might be added on to my "next car" list :lol:

Maybe if I had a VR6....... :?

If you had a VR6 he'd have been dropping back slowly, but certainly never able to overtake, true enough..

Perhaps you should buy a VR6 instead?? ;)

All the Z series Rovers are quick for what they are. The 2.5 is 'only' about 170 brake and the K series 4 pot engines have always been potent, if prone to popping head gaskets.

Kev

one of my mates has a rover 200 (bubble shape) 1.4 16v k series. puts out 105bhp as standard, thing goes like stink. no head gasket problems (on 80k, belts are 20k overdue!) he has been through 3 gear boxes in 2 years though...

All the Z series Rovers are quick for what they are. The 2.5 is 'only' about 170 brake and the K series 4 pot engines have always been potent, if prone to popping head gaskets.

Kev

the 2.5 V6 comes in two flavours 160bhp and 190bhp both available as MG-ZT's........i once delivered a 160bhp one for Europcar to a customer in a really well-off area of aberdeen......rubislaw den to be precise (for all the granite city contigent)......anyway i was getting ready to give him all the spiel about how its pretty much above average performance for a hire car......for my jaw to drop when i pulled into his drive right next to his Aston Martin DB7 Vantage :shock:

......anyway i was getting ready to give him all the spiel about how its pretty much above average performance for a hire car......for my jaw to drop when i pulled into his drive right next to his Aston Martin DB7 Vantage :shock:

I guess you have to order a hire car to go to the pictures if you drive a DB7. And as for going to Safeway, well you wouldn't want the local idiots throwing shopping trolleys at it now, would you? :)

Re: the K-series head gasket probs. I have a feeling it's only the larger engines. It was on watchdog last night...

The rover engines do feel quick, they seem to have good low-end grunt. I drove a bog-standard 600 once. Remarkable push @1500 rpm from a 1.8 in a car that heavy!

They were released in 1992. That was VERY quick in 1992, for a standard production car.

The small-engine-with-turbo brigade hadn't assaulted us with "the whole world has a 1.8T" at the time.

I mean, it's good for getting spares I imagine, cos pretty soon every car on the road will be running a 1.8T, but really, some of us would like a little variation! :)