Sign in to follow this  
BeavisJem

Abs light comes on above 55mph.

I am currently looking through the search function but haven't found anything that is similar to my problem.

I had to change the wheel bearing for an MOT and when i tried to take the abs cage off i ben't one of the ridges. I bent it back so it looked the same as the rest. I gave the ABS sensor a clean with a cloth. Put the car back together and now when ever i accelerate hard or go above 55mph the abs light comes on. It happens everytime.

Hopefully the MOT testing station won't go ragging my car up the road at more than 55mph.

Could it be the distortion in the ABS cage that is giving it an error code above 55mph.

Car is a 1992 G60

I think i am going to replace all the rear discs in the next month or so and i will put new ABS cadges.

Any Idea's?

Cheers

Beavisjem

It sounds like it probably is one of the ABS cages, but get it on VAG-COM to be sure (yes it does work on G60s, but only for the ABS).

Cages aren't expensive, from what I hear.

Note that the G60 ECU doesn't record faults when you turn the ignition off, so you must read the error codes while the light is still on.

Well its still the same and as long as the MOT tester doesn;t thrash it up the road it should be ok.

I'm going to be replacing the suspension and rear discs/brakes and ABS cadges in the next month so that should clear up the problem.

Thanks for the replies

Beavisjem

Yeah it will be fine, they don't road test the car for an MOT and the brake rollers don't go that fast...

Make sure you also clean the sensor as it's magnetic you get a build up of rust etc on it...

Whats the best way to clean the sensors, just wipe them with a cloth?

Don;t want to damage the things....... :(

Beavisjem