Sign in to follow this  
Mave

Bye bye baby...

Shame you had to let her go mate, really hope it stays on the road though and I hope you'll get yourself another at some point!

Really wish Scarlett & Peanut good luck in saving her.

Scarlett and Gradeafailure, not peanut :)

oops sorry. Mixing up couples...

feels like I should really say something in here...!

I have wanted Maves car for a while as I had a pic of it on my wall when i was 8 and thus my Red Corrado Obsessive Compulsive Disorder began - we've discussed it with Mave before but never had the right money/circumstances... Sadly now we have just got the money and with me working at the Phirm it would be ideal for getting her running again - we have asked the new owner to sell her to us, however I dont have time to hang about, nor do I have a lot of money to pay for it - We'll give him his money back so he isnt out of pocket, however by the sounds of things I expect he'll want more. We shall keep you updated and if we can get her to save we will. Time is running out though as we need a new car asap....

Everyone cross your fingers really hard... :)

Really really hope you get it Laura, I really do.

.Rich., I'll definately be back, just need to get a better paying job. :)

we have asked the new owner to sell her to us, however I dont have time to hang about, nor do I have a lot of money to pay for it - We'll give him his money back so he isnt out of pocket, however by the sounds of things I expect he'll want more.

Saysomestuff. How well do you know the bloke who bought it? Could you persuade him to let it go to Scarlett & GradeA?

I had a pic of it on my wall when i was 8

Says it all.

Best of luck Laura.. even paying slightly over the odds is better then not having it at all I guess?

best of luck getting hold of it folks, and sorry you were forced into the sale Mave :(

/crosses fingers

I really hope that the car does get saved, would be a shame letting it go to waste. Crossing my fingers!!

Cant believe i'm reading about a press car goin for that much.

Only a week or so ago i paid £500 for some new wheels for my bicycle and am not kidding if i knew about it i'd have had it instead but i dont get on here that much so never scan through everything.

Really hope it doesn't get broken so very best of luck to scarlett and grade a. :(

Kip.

right first thing first hello to all the rado forum

now here we go i was going to break it (i still might) i know you lot will think hang him hes no dubhead but thats where your wrong i bought the car to get my mate a front end and thats whats happened so far i will put her back on the road but only if i can

if its to much work i wont but i wont let her go for peanuts what ever happens as stated i took the risk went up drove the car home no tort but im not a tosser and i hope to get her back to where anyone would be proud to own her whatch this space

Hi there Nice to see you here!

Welcome to the forum, we didn't mean to come across as thinking you were a ****. We were just concerned that one of the two know press Rados was going to be broken... Do a quick search for the restoration of the other. You could imagine if some-one said Hey I've found a Golf Mk1/2 Press car and I'm parting it out... They'd be an international crisis! :lol:

I hope this can be saved as it is a Little bit of Rado history... and there seem to be enough being broken due to careless roadusers as it is....

any mk2 golf being broken now is sacrilidge but if there past it there past it

will put some pics up later

Why did no-one buy it when it was for sale on here for a good price ? I dont think a fuss should be made now when everyone had a good chance of buying it at the time.

Niel... If i know you it will be parked up with all you're other projects whilst you're hustling porsche wheels.. 8)

Why did no-one buy it when it was for sale on here for a good price ? I dont think a fuss should be made now when everyone had a good chance of buying it at the time.

Niel... If i know you it will be parked up with all you're other projects whilst you're hustling porsche wheels.. 8)

Have to agree with W3RKED on this one. It was up for sale on here for a very long time yet nobody wanted it, it was only when it was mentioned it might be broken up that everyone took interest.

Naturally I don't want to see it split and if it can be saved it should be, but the opportunity was there for anyone to take it. I hope it does get restored to former glory.

who me lol

hiya bud beed having my back done and talkin things easy

back on ebay :roll:

just sold now for over £1.5k, and amaxingly it is actually in the Sunday Mirror!!!

The original road test VW Corrado featured in all the motoring mags of 1989 is languishing on ebay for £920. F240 BVV is the last road worthing press Corrado...

Quentin Wilson's Sunday Mirror Section

back on ebay :roll:

just sold now for over £1.5k, and amaxingly it is actually in the Sunday Mirror!!!

The original road test VW Corrado featured in all the motoring mags of 1989 is languishing on ebay for £920. F240 BVV is the last road worthing press Corrado...

Quentin Wilson's Sunday Mirror Section

Admitting reading the Sunday Mirror on a public forum can be dangerous Dave, especially if you're reading QW's section - double trouble! :lol: