Sign in to follow this  
uktarget

G60 boost recirculation

Hi.

Starting to get my raddo g60 back on the road this week been reading loads of things concerning tunning i have a 65mm pully and chip which i got of a fella who had them running on his golf g60 and im changing the filter and already have a scorpian exhaust with decat pipe.

Im going to probably put red-top injectors in the new head im having fitted as well.

This is all being done by midlannd vw on monday :D

Just been reading about the boost recirculation bypass mod.

So would it be practical for me to do this as well if so what do i need to lay my hands on and how hard is it to do i've seen the dump valve kit's on ebay but im just unsure about them as i've not seen anyone else running this mod.

I should also note im changing the plugs to the W5DPO G40 item at the same time.

Any help or suggestions on what to do next would be appreciated.

The chargers standard at the moment and just been serviced 4000miles ago

Thanks

Slap a 3.5 Bar fpr in there too if your going with Red tops, then get your charger over to Darren @ Gwerks

for a full port and health check 8)

you dont have to have the 3.5 reg, depends what chip your running. You'll need new chip to match red tops.

The ebay dump valve kits are just a blanking plate for charger return, so same as boost return mod

65mm will put your boost at a level where you have to either have red tops or a 3.5 bar fpr... get an AFR gauge and you will see how lean it will make your engine. I was running 17 psi with 24 lbs and a 3.5 bar and I was running a tad lean, just a tad.

the boost recirculate thing will just cycle the 2 psi back into your system that was bled off by the stock ISV. if you have a really good charger and you are boosting above 16 psi it really just overboosts your system, not good for your car...

basically dont buy one, bleed from your ISV into catch tank.

dont know what boost return you are looking at but the blanking kits arent boost return kits.

Thanks for all the advice guy's.

Looks like im going to have to look into everything a bit more closely as it's looking like i need a few more part's before i go slaping everything on and expacting everything to be hunkey dory may put getting it on the road back another couple of weeks,

Did'nt know there was so much more to it as ive not long made the switch from aircooled dubs to these.

Still any links info on what i should and should'nt be doing is greatly appreciated.

Cheers John :D

The most important thing is to make sure your charger is in tip top condition, if it hasn't been serviced within the last 30K i'd have it looked at if I were you, especially if you're going to fit a 65mm pulley!

The charger was serviced last year and has only covered 4k and hit's 17900 on the mfa test so it's good but i will taking it to gwerks to have it ported in the winter when it comes off the road for the respray

yesh I blew my charger on a 65mm, hence the lysholm...

Are these hard to install been reading a lot about them and looking around some of the european sites have seen them at a reasonable price

well I would buy one from G-werks or BBM but if you know a good welder do what I did, put on a supercharger with a clutch and enough boost to feed 2 corrados, just bleed off what you dont need