Sign in to follow this  
ianVR6

Respray

Anyone recommend a good place for full respray in S.Wales or possibly S.West? Mine has had a bad job sometime in its life and now the paint is lifting on the bonnet. Also I think its been touched up along the way with different mixes of aqua blue. My local paint supplier rekons theres two mixes for aqua blue, a purple base or a green base. Anybody know if this is correct?

I had my aqua blue pearl G60 painted in a place called Autopaints off Leckwith Road in Cardiff a few years ago, they did a pretty good job but it wasn't a perfect match, it's not the easiest colour to match tbh. It might be worth going and having a chat with them if you're in the area?

how much should a respray cost? I've just been quoted £2kish to have mine resprayed in orginal colour (LC5U)

how much should a respray cost? I've just been quoted £2kish to have mine resprayed in orginal colour (LC5U)

Is that the whole car with glass out? which is a must

I was quoted £1600 windows out but not inc roof and rear hatch by a guy local to me and I know he leaves a top job, so 2k isn't bad if the finish is right

I also got told by a painter there were 2 shades for LC5U, so it sounds pretty likely. Better than some colours - a friend of mine went to get paint for his plain white Peugeot 306 and within the same paint code he had 9 different shades to choose from!

I'm thinking about getting some aqua blue paint done soon and have to admit I'm worried about the match, I just can't see it being easy to get the purple tint right. Although I'm not a painter so what would I know!

The problem is i've not seen an original aqua blue car. Mine seems to show a purple or a green tinge depending on what angle you look from and under different light conditions. Did the original aqua blue look like this or has mine been resprayed at different times with the different versions of the paint? Anybody help?

Aqua blue 'pearl' is pearlesant, it does look different shades from different angles/lights etc - it's a purple/blue/greeny type colour (and one of my favourites!)

Thanks Walsey

What you say about the paint makes sense. I tried using the purple mix but it doesn't look right so I guess I should try the green mix and see what happens!