Sign in to follow this  
uktarget

red top injectors

Hi again all

Just wondering are the red top injectors from a vr6 the same as the red tops i need for my G60 just thought id ask as i may be able to save a bit of cash.

Cheapskate that i am :lol:

keep an eye out on the american e-bay too, i picked up a set of 8 new Red Tops recently for just over 105 quid :)

they're popular over there with all those gas guzzling V8's they run

keep an eye out on the american e-bay too, i picked up a set of 8 new Red Tops recently for just over 105 quid :)

they're popular over there with all those gas guzzling V8's they run

Just remember.... when buying red tops, they dont all run at the same OHMS the Bosch ones used by VW are 10/11 OHMS and the ones used in Cozzys are only 3/4 OHMS get the wrong ones and you'll fry your ECU.

I got mine from Pittstop, speak to Steve, not many people will split the sets (they come in 4's) but he will :)

I did look into the ecu side of things and have now got a set of from a vr6 used but i'l have a look when i get them only cost £15.00 off ebay.

Nothing ventured nothing gained :wink:

Ive already go a chip from a golf g60 which was also running the 65mm pulley ive got as well come from germany so we had a few communication prob's but he more or less said that it was running fine and he drove it hard but could'nt get him to say what injectors he was running.

So if these are ok im going to get a sns stage chip and fit the 3.5 fpr,speaking of which i've found this site

http://volksinfo.com/index.php

They list 3.5 fpr's for $39.99 about £20.00 and 4.5's 4.0's as well and green tops for about £30 each,

I've emailed them about postage but hav'nt got a reply yet may be if enough of use emailed them we could get a group buy.

One more thing i've put the chip in and fitted the 65mm pulley but still have the standard injectors i don't blat around every where just tickle it slightly now and again but normaly drive nice and steady (im 40 im an old man im allowed :lol: )

Plus i've spent years tearing around in beetles and campers with 30 hp engines (im still in culture shock and had to sack the fella with the red flag who used to walk in front).

So will i be ok for a couple of weeks while i get the rest of the bit's together