Sign in to follow this  
cadger1

central locking only locks

Hi corrado fans this is my 1st post ! :D :D Ive had a vr6 for a few months now love it and feel the car is god damm fast and always puts big smile on my face but the electrics!!!!! AHHHHHHH

Cant understand this, has anyone else had this problem where it locks boot fuel lid and both doors but doesnt unlock when using key and when you unlock it only drivers door opens and is hard to turn I have tried 3 second hand vac pumps on it and checked relay fuse and wiring and would be very thankful for any help or pointers or ideas

Welcome :D

Sounds like the leccy part of the door handle has died?

What happens if you lock/unlock with the passenger door?

Neil. :)

wot make of locking system you got ie the name on the fob as i had exactly the same problem and eventually my imobiliser failed and stopped my car from startin quite embarrising when you gotta sit for a hour in the car before it will start agiain. not sure if it was connected with the central locking but it got on my tits so much i had the lot changed and all is good, and i got money off my insurance which is always good :lol: :lol: My corrado had a pirana system origionally which i was told has a bad reputation for this sort of thing!!

hi thanks for your replies not using any key fob just manual locking system this door lock fault I have checked these out, and pass side is taped up?!! and not been connected does it need to be ? the 3 wires had all been riped off on drivers side door lock so I have joined them back together is there a test i can do to rule the door handles out as parts are had to find as Im sure you know thanks again steve