Sign in to follow this  
double-6s

Stupid question about insurance

Stupid question I know, but is all accidental damage covered by a fully comp insurance policy?

Eg, if I drove into a skip, entirely my fault for example, would I be covered?

I haven't by the way :)

Yes you would be covered. But the claim would count against you as the insurance company would not be able to reclaim any of it's costs from a third party insurer. As it would if someone hit you and it was their fault for example. So your premium would be loaded and you'd lose any unprotected no claims bonus at your next renewal.

Used to work in motor insurance. Probably just made myself very unpopular.... In a vain attempt to redeem myself I hated every second of it....

.........however if you were to drive into the skip at night and the skip didn't have visible marker boards,then the Skip company are in the wrong so you would be able to claim off the Skip company/customer.........provided it is on the queens highway that is

.........however if you were to drive into the skip at night and the skip didn't have visible marker boards,then the Skip company are in the wrong so you would be able to claim off the Skip company/customer.........provided it is on the queens highway that is

You'd have to have a very good insurance company to fight that one out for you! Liability is a bloody nightmare. And hitting stationary objects doesn't do you any favours. The third party insurer would just say you were traveling at excessive speed and they'd both wimp out and it would go joint liability at best. Insurance sucks.

With a alfa i drive into a skip :lol:

Only joking WIll, great car

My mate's Alfa is a skip :lol: :lol: :lol:

But I'm sure yours is lovely Double-6s. :D

:)

Buy a copy of this month's Evo magazine and you can see for yourself mate! :)

Your car is in Evo?! Much respect! :notworthy:

Respect not deserved mate! My car is in evo, but by pure luck really. They needed a GTA for a buyer's guide article they were doing, and I managed to fluke being the one picked for the photoshoot :)

I even got a pic of my boat race and a small piece I wrote in there as well!! :)

It does look stunning in the magazine mate. It's just a shame they cant get near describing the noise of the V6. That alone would change the minds of some of the Alfa haters that seem to be floating around...

It does look stunning in the magazine mate. It's just a shame they cant get near describing the noise of the V6. That alone would change the minds of some of the Alfa haters that seem to be floating around...

Thanks mate :)

The noise is about to get better! I'm going to order a cat-back stainless exhaust with one less silencer and slightly bigger pipes :)

Might even go for a CDA as well, but not sure on that.

How's you bud? :)

Cheers dude. Yeah it's the only one for me. Even topgear mag is a bit shite now.

I even managed to get a mention of the Rado VR6 in the Alfa article! :)

Thanks mate :)

The noise is about to get better! I'm going to order a cat-back stainless exhaust with one less silencer and slightly bigger pipes :)

Might even go for a CDA as well, but not sure on that.

How's you bud? :)

Nice work!

Did your CDA go in the end?

I'm pretty good... Fooking knackered though. Owning two corrados is a headache, only one ever wants to work at any one time, and I can never work out which one it's going to be. :D

Noticed the rado quote in your bit of text too. Can you get any big prints from them? Bet one of your car would look stunning framed...

I get a print or two as payment for the photshoot mate :)

Owning two cars is a proper ball-ache mate - let alone two rados! Just be thankful they're not both VRs :)